Let's go clubbing

Hey guys, so my updates on this book is going to be pretty random. I wanted to do one update a week, like with The Prophecy, but it literally feels like the chapters for this book is beating on the inside of my skull, wanting to come out. I feel like I need to get Kayden's story out there for you all to read. Please don't get upset with the irregularities of my updates, as I usually update as I can. Let me know if you would prefer me to update more equally.

At the top is the absolutely adorable Kayden

Kayden's POV

Omygod, Omygod, I felt like I was hyperventilating and my poor face was on fire. Prof. Rodriguez was so damn hot, but he scared the hell out of me. Where was Maxie when I absolutely needed him? I look around again to see if I can spot my friend and see him walking towards me. Before he could reach me, however, a huge jock walks past him, and deliberately knocks him off his feet. "Watch where you're going fag." he spits out venomously. Maxie looks up at the guy, I think his name is Jason, and gives him a huge grin, "If you wanted me on my knees, you just had to ask daddy." he smirks, then winks at the guy. Jason looks at Maxie in disgust, then storms off. I just mentally facepalm at my friend's behaviour, being used to it by now. 

Maxie uses his sexuality like others would use a weapon and the looks on some of the guys' faces, when he says the weird shit he does, is absolutely priceless sometimes. He gets up off the ground and comes to sit down next to me, "That fine boy wants me, I can tell" He says with an enormous grin on his face. I just shake my head and smile at him. "I doubt that very much Maxie. Jason is one of the most homophobic guys in this school and he's not going to tolerate you mouthing off to him much longer. You need to be more careful Maxie." I tell him, genuinely worried about his well being.

"Nope, he's way too much fun to mess around with." Maxie said, still grinning. I shake my head at him and get up, ready to go to class. "Soooo, have you seen Professor Delicious yet today?" Maxie asked in his usual mischievous way. he knew how I felt about the man, but he also knew that I was terrified of him at the same time. I never told Maxie anything about my past, but I think he had sort of an inkling of what had happened and he also knew to never, ever touch me. I couldn't stand the feel of another person's skin against mine, it made my skin crawl.

Now I suppose you want to know what happened to me after the whole fiasco four years ago? Well, the police lady's name was Officer Moira James and as things turned out, she ended up adopting me. I swear that poor woman needs a medal after everything she had to go through with me. All the screaming from horrible nightmares, my insomnia, my depression, the touch thing, all of it. She couldn't even hold me to comfort me, she had to sit one side and just watch me get worse as the days went by. Eventually, she got me to agree to therapy, but she had to always be with me, like a security blanket, which she didn't seem to mind. I graduated highschool and got accepted to St Peter's College, where I was studying Literature. She was the closest I would ever get to a mother after mine passed away, and I loved her dearly, even if I couldn't show it like others do, but she knew it anyway.

Rodney was never found and I still lived in abject terror of him ever coming back for me, but somehow, someway, I have managed to push it to the back of my mind, where it stays locked away, but never forgotten. Rodney taught me a very valuable lesson in life, and that was to never trust or let anyone too close to you. People will betray you in the blink of an eye.

I pull myself out of my dark thoughts and listen to Maxie chirp away about everything under the sun next to me. He was the only one I let even remotely close to me in a friendship way, but even he had to keep a distance from me, both physically and emotionally. 

We made our way to our first class and carried on with the rest of our day. As soon as our final class was done, we headed to our favourite coffee shop and ordered our usual, then went to find a table to sit down. Maxie was practically bouncing in his seat and I knew he was dying to ask me something, but he was also worried about my reaction. So I put my cup down and looked straight at him, with my one eyebrow raised. "What is it Maxie, I swear, if you don't sit still, your gonna end up breaking that poor chair with all your bouncing." I told him, smiling, as I knew what he would say to that in 1...2...3 and, "WHAT! Are you saying I'm fat? What kind of friend are you?" he screeched loudly and pretended to start sobbing. 

Yes Sir!!!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara