Chapter Two

Izuku sat at the plain white table with a bandage wrapped around his skull and a gauze taped to his left cheek. He started at the crimson bowl below him and played with his rice as he ran the fight with Bakugo through his mind. The boy went to take a bite of his white rice, but stopped when the table shook as someone sat down at it. He looked up and saw the same sweet girl from earlier and the tall boy with glasses that always seemed interested in the minute details. Uraraka spoke first and her voice was filled with admiration and happiness."You were so brave out there Deku. Bakugo is really scary, but you still gave him a good fight."

Tenya then gave Izuku his opinion on the bout."You were quite impressive Midoryia, but a hero should not be reckless."This lead to Izuku cracking a half-smile and chuckling to himself.

"I'm sorry to break it to you,but reckless is kind of my thing."

Ochaco then smiled at him and moved her hands sporadically as she supported him."Reckless is good, then they don't know what's commin' ."

"Anyways Midoryia-I am Tenya Iida the class representative."The educated boy then stuck out a strong hand.Deku awkwardly stared at the boy's hand then Ochaco a few times, and after repeating the process a few times the girl mouthed instructions to him.

"Shake it."

"Oh!" The green haired boy then extended his hand and shook hands with the tall boy. Uraraka held her hand over her mouth throughout the entire exchange trying her best to not laugh.

"Oooh Deku- show Iida your cool notebook."

Izuku rubbed the back of his head."I-I don't know about that."

"Come on he's probably just as big of a nerd as you."

The mention of Midoryia's notebook caught Tenya's attention."What is she talking about?"

Ochaco answered him before the timid boy even had a chance."So he had this notebook that he uses to take notes on people. It's really cool and I know you'd love it."

"Fascinating."

After a few more pleas from Ochaco Izuku gave in and pulled out the item. He then slid it over to the pair and watched as they scanned it. Iida rubbed his chin and furrowed his brow as he studied the work and Ochaco repeatedly commented on Midoryia's drawings.

.....

The first day had been long and far too much for Izuku. The classes bored him and the stamina drained by recovery girl did not make his day any easier. Once the boy made it back to the dorms he sprinted up the stairs and into his room. He was beat and the throbbing headache was going to handicap any hope of training for the moment. When Midoryia unlocked the door and walked into the dark room he sat on his bed and placed his head in his hands.Izuku ran his fingers through his thick curls as he tried to process everything that had happened in just his first day.

After a few minuted of trying to regain his composure Deku grabbed the photo resting on his dresser and sat back down on his twin-sized mattress. He looked down at the memory and cried as he looked at it. His mother was on a single knee to the left of him and to the right was him as a young boy. The toddler wore a bright All Might onesie and had a bright smile,but the frame was broken. A single crack ran down the glass and down the middle of Izuku. Midoryia muttered out,"I'm so sorry." The teen then laid down in the bed and pulled his jade covers over himself.

.....

Izuku woke up around midnight with his hands trembling and his body in a sweat .He then began to mutter to himself."It's just a dream. It's just a dream."The boy sat up and stared at the blank wall and took a deep breath. He then reached over to his nightstand and checked the time, 12:00 A.M.

Midoryia shook his head and jumped off the bed. He grabbed a dark pullover and his nearest pair of grey sweats. The boy flipped the dark hood over his head and slipped on his old red high-tops. Deku walked out of his room and stuffed his hands into his pockets as he walked down the empty hallway. The living room was empty and filled with no-one just as he hoped. Socializing had not been something he did much over the past few years and usually he did his best to avoid it. The boy walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. Izuku did not have anything for dinner planned, so when he spotted a Tupperware container with "Deku" across it he quickly grabbed it.'She's too nice.'Deku knew that he didn't deserve someone like Ochaco as a friend, but that was not going to stop him from enjoying a warm meal.He placed the soup in the microwave and set the timer for thirty seconds. The freckled boy then walked away and searched for the gym. He found the facility on the lower floor and went speechless at everything. The equipment was amazing, but what had caught his eye was the heavy bag and projector sitting in the corner of the room. After scouting out the room Izuku returned to the first floor to enjoy his food. The soup was maybe a little too salty, but it was still the best thing he had ate in a long time. Deku's meals usually consisted of plain sandwiches or a poor attempt on his part to cook. As he walked down towards the gym where he would begin his training for the night he reminded himself to thank Uraraka in the morning for setting him food aside.