finale

Two months later...

I had just stepped out of the shower after washing my hair and shaving. I dried myself and made sure that my hair was fully dry before putting on my robe. 

I plugged in my curling iron and got to work. I combed my hair and sprayed it with a heat-protectant spray before separating the pieces of my hair. I curled each part of my hair before spraying it with hairspray. When I was finished, my hair was in semi-loose curls. 

When I was done, I unplugged the curling iron and began working on my face. I washed it and put on moisturizer before applying makeup. I put on face makeup and some brown eyeshadow with eyeliner and heavy mascara. I applied a neutral lipstick to top off the look. 

After I finished my makeup, I left the bathroom and walked over to my closet, where a beautiful red lace dress was hanging on the hanger. I picked up the hanger and took the dress off the hanger. I unzipped it and slipped it on carefully, making sure not to rip it. When I was done, I zipped up the dress and grabbed my nude heels. I walked over to my bed and sat down to put them on. When I was done, I stood up and walked over to the floor length mirror, smiling as I looked at my appearance.

I looked amazing, the dress hugging my features perfectly. I felt beautiful and I loved it. I stood there for a while, admiring the dress and the full outfit when I heard the doorbell ring. I smiled, walking over to my nightstand to grab my phone and my keys. I put them into the small purse I had and grabbed my lipstick incase I needed a touch-up. I grabbed a nice jacket and headed out of the bedroom to the top of the stairs.

I heard voices coming from downstairs and I smiled, knowing who it was. I walked down the stairs slowly, careful not to hurt myself or fall. As I walked down, I looked over to the door and I smiled when I saw Dean standing there in a suit, looking amazing as always. 

His eyes were wide and his mouth was open, clearly stunned. I blushed, knowing that I had this effect on him. 

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I walked over to him and he smiled.

"Ok, you two better get going if you want to make it to the dance on time!" My mom said with a smile. 

"I know, I'll see you later," I said with a smile. 

I opened the front door and walked out, Dean following behind. He grabbed my hand and we walked over to his car. He opened the door for me and I got in before he closed it. He walked around the other side and got into the driver's seat. When the door was closed, he turned to me.

"I just want to say that I have the most beautiful date in the world. You look absolutely amazing and I'm so lucky that you're mine," he said with a smile. 

I blushed, thanking him. He backed out of my driveway and we headed down the road to the high school for the winter formal. 

This past year, I experienced a lot and when I saw Dean's reaction, I realized that in the end, everything I went through was worth it. Love isn't always easy. It's complicated and beautiful, everything you want it to be and everything you don't. In the end, it doesn't matter because if you're lucky enough to get a chance at love with the person you care about the most, then your happiness will trump all hardships. 

I made the best decision of my life when I went to the beach house that summer. I needed to go through that break-up with Tyler to find Dean, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.