paige's new relationship status

I stayed there all night thinking about everything. 

I listened to the waves to calm me down while my mind was a war zone, going over every detail about our relationship. The one thing I could never understand is where we went wrong. 

I was so cautious in the beginning, afraid to get mixed up with my brother's best friend. 

It was the summer before freshmen year when we first became a thing. School had just let out for the summer, and everyone was excited to be entering high school. I'll never forget the night we first kissed. It was Dylan Ivy's graduation party, which was at her house. The whole school was there and the house was huge, packed with people everywhere. 

I remembered being nervous to go because aside from Noah, Elle was my only friend and I wasn't very good at being social. I wasn't friends with anyone there and I knew I wasn't going to have a good time, but Noah convinced me to go. 

When we got there, the house was packed with people. Noah and I accidentally got separated and I wandered around, looking for a familiar face when I came across Tyler outside in an empty part of the backyard. We hadn't spoken much before then, he was just my brother's friend. 

"Do you know where my brother is?" I remembered asking him. 

"Who's your brother?" He asked, and I was hurt that he didn't know who I was. 

"Wow, nice to know you remember me," I said, crossing my arms. I was annoyed to say the least. "Noah Manning ring any bells?"

"Oh! You're Noah's sister," Tyler said, looking surprised. 

I internally face-palmed, realizing that this was a waste of time. He definitely didn't know where Noah was. I turned around to walk towards the house when he spoke again. 

"I'm Tyler, by the way," he said and I rolled my eyes. 

"We've already met," I said, stopping to turn to face him. "I know your name." I turned around and continued walking towards the house.

 "We have?" He asked, walking fast to catch up to me. 

"Yep," I said flatly, getting more annoyed. This guy had some nerve. 

"I can help you find your brother," he said and I stopped, turning to face him. 

"Can you actually or are you just saying that?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I can, but I will do so on one condition," Tyler said.

"What's the condition?" I asked, annoyed. This guy was wasting my time. 

"Tell me your name," he said, smiling. 

At this point, I was tired of his games and I just wanted to get away from this cocky, arrogant ass.

"In your dreams," I said, turning on my heels to walk away. 

I quickly walked into the house and looked around the kitchen area for Noah. When I didn't spot him, I decided to check downstairs. 

When I got downstairs, there was a smaller group of people sitting on the furniture in what appeared to be the downstairs living area. They were in a circle with a bottle on the table. I wasn't going to stay downstairs until I saw Noah sitting at one of the chairs in the circle. 

I walked up to him, annoyed that he had left without telling me. 

"Hey Noah, where have you been?" I asked, annoyed. 

He turned his head around and looked up to face me. "I've been down here playing a game," he explained. 

By this point, I hadn't realized that everyone in the circle had stopped what they were doing to stare at us, listening to our conversation. I began getting uncomfortable and flustered, and I knew that was my cue to get out of there.