party time

"You look really pretty," Logan commented as he drove. "I'm glad you could make it."

"Thanks, Logan," I said with a smile. I was making my best effort to enjoy tonight and just let loose for once. "So, who's party is it?"

"Mason's, he's a guy on the team," Logan responded as we pulled up to a gate. "He usually throws the parties because his parents are chill and his house is private."

Logan opened the window to type in a code and then the gates opened, revealing a long driveway that led to a huge two-story house. It reminded me a lot of my house but the vibe was different.

He pulled down the driveway and found a spot before parking the car. "Ready?" He asked with a smile.

"Yep," I said, opening the car door. 

We both got out and walked down the long driveway, side-by-side, to the front door. Logan opened it for me and I stepped inside, him following close behind me. The house was packed at this point, all filled with people from my grade but they all seemed too drunk to notice me and I was happy about that. 

"Want to get a drink?" Logan asked, and I nodded. 

He led us through the foyer and down a hallway to a huge kitchen that had some people in it. I watched him pour himself and me drinks. We decided to go out through the kitchen door to the backyard and sat down on the steps overlooking the pool. 

"So, are you enjoying yourself so far?" Logan asked as he took a big sip of his drink.

"Yeah I am," I said with a smile, my drink hallway gone by this point. "It's fun to get out and relax."

"I never usually see you at these parties," Logan said.

"Well, then how did you know who I was?" I asked, taking another big sip of my drink. 

"Every time I'd go to your house to see Noah, I'd briefly see you. You were always so pretty but you were always off limits because of Ty," Logan said, clenching his jaw. 

"Yeah well, that ship sailed," I said, finishing my drink. I really did not want to think about Tyler. 

"What he did to you was wrong," Logan said quietly. 

"I know," I said, looking down at the floor. 

"Hey," Logan said. "I know how to get your spirits up. Let's grab another drink and then go dance."

I smiled, knowing that was exactly what I needed. We stood up and walked inside, where my brother was talking to Elle and Dean. When he saw me, his eyes went wide and he looked annoyed, but I ignored it and walked over to get another drink. 

"What are you doing here, Lana?" Noah asked over my shoulder. 

"Trying to have some fun, Noah. Please relax and try not to get all 'big brother' on me," I said as I poured a drink. 

"I just want you to be safe," Noah said before looking over to see who I was standing with. "Bro, what's up? What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was just hanging out with Alana," Logan said with a small smile. 

"Oh," Noah said. "Well, I'll leave you guys alone but don't do anything stupid." 

He and Logan did their bro handshake before he walked away. I moved aside so that Logan could get a drink before we walked over to where Elle and Dean were standing. 

"Hey guys," I said with a smile as I drank from my cup. 

"Hey," Dean said. "What's up bro?" 

Him and Logan did a handshake before Logan responded. "Nothing much, how's your first party in town going?"

"Great," Dean said with a smile. 

I downed my drink, along with two more before grabbing Logan's hand to pull him out of the kitchen. 

"We're going to go dance, see you guys later!" I said. Logan finished his drink before leaving the kitchen with me. 

We walked down the hallway to the living room, where everyone was dancing. I let go of his hand and immediately started dancing, which made Logan smile. We danced for a while, getting increasingly close until our bodies were touching. Someone accidentally shoved me, causing me to fall into him and our lips touched. 

For a moment, I wasn't sure what to do but then I remembered what I told myself earlier. I needed to have some fun and let loose. So, I relaxed. 

"Do you want to go somewhere quieter?" Logan asked and I nodded, hoping that meant we could kiss again, that was kind of fun!

Logan led me up the stairs to an empty hallway, which was much quieter. We looked at each other and I could tell he was nervous so I grabbed his collar and brought him close to me, causing our lips to collide.

We started making out and everything was going well until his hands started to roam my body. I was fine with kissing but I didn't want to go any further. This situation reminded me too much of Tyler and I was starting to panic. 

I tried pushing Logan off of me but he continued to kiss me, leaning against me. I finally used enough force to shove him away from me and he looked confused. 

"Is everything ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, um... everything's ok. I just, um, I'm not ready for this," I said. 

"I thought you would be into it," Logan said, sounding annoyed. 

"Why would you think that?" I questioned, getting annoyed. This guy didn't even know me and he was assuming that he'd get laid on the first date?

"They said you were easy," he said, causing me to loose it. 

"What the fuck!" I yelled.

"Hey, it's not my fault you dress like a slut but won't act like one," Logan said angrily. 

"You're an asshole," I yelled, leaning against the wall to prevent myself from stumbling. I was starting to feel the alcohol and I was getting worried. 

"Dude, get the fuck out of here or I'll make your life a living hell," a familiar voice said. 

Logan stormed off and I turned around, about to thank the familiar voice until I saw who it was.