darty

The next day, I woke up from the bright sunshine in my face and I groaned. I really wanted to get some more sleep after last night. I looked over at the clock: 11:30am

"Shit!" I exclaimed, remembering that there was a football game today at 11am. 

I promised the boys I would be there so I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and put on jean shorts and a tank top. I quickly blowdried my hair straight before putting on some light makeup. Once I was done, I grabbed my keys and slid on some sandals before heading out the door and down the stairs. 

I opened the front door and stepped out into the beautiful, September weather. I rushed over to my car and got in, quickly backing out of the driveway to the main road. 

By the time I got to the high school, the game was in the third quarter. I parked the car and quickly moved through the parking lot to the football field. I saw Elle standing by the gate so I walked that way until we were standing side-by-side.

"Hey Elle, sorry I'm late. I overslept," I admitted as I looked out to see what the team was doing. 

"It's okay, it hasn't really been an interesting game. Our team's crushing theirs so it looks like the game's going to be a blowout," Elle explained, pointing to the scoreboard. 

Home: 38

Visitors: 6

"Wow," I said. "I thought this team was good."

"They used to be. Most of their strong players graduated so they're stuck putting in decent players," Elle explained. 

Our conversation went quiet for a while as we watched the game until Elle looked like she remembered something and her eyes lit up. 

"Lana! I completely forgot! There's going to be a darty today if you're interested," she said. "It's for the football team's predicted win. We have to go!"

"Uh..." I said, thinking about it.

"Your two favorite boys will be there," Elle said, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

"Elle come on, you know it's not like that with either of them," I said, refusing to look her in the eye. 

"I get it, you're stuck between two and don't want to choose just one. It's a bold move but I support it," Elle said. 

"No," I said. "I don't have feelings for either of them."

"You really are naive," Elle said, shaking her head. "I see the way you react to when Dean's with Emma. You clearly like him. I was surprised to see you kissing Mason because I thought you guys were just friends but if he's just your distraction then I guess it's ok."

"I don't like Dean," I said. "And Mason and I just happened to be drunk. It wasn't anything more than that."

"Okayyy," Elle said, clearly not believing me. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the game. 

When the game ended, the guys on our team ran to the middle, cheering, before running off the field to the locker room. Elle and I made our way towards the building so that we could find the guys when they were done showering. 

When they came out, Mason smiled while Dean had an annoyed expression on his face. What was his problem? 

Dean kept walking past us and went straight to his car while Mason walked over to us.

"What's with him?" I asked. 

"He's just in a mood, probably his time of the month," Mason joked. "So, are you guys going to the darty after?"