{Chapter 16}

When Chris opened the door of Katy's office Marylin jumped into his arms wrapping her arms around his neck crying. "It's okay. I'm here now." he rubbing her back, "did anyone see where James went?" He asked the security men. "No sorry." they shook their heads. Chris went over to the desk and saw his phone number and address. He wrote it down and put it in his pocket, "Come on." he took hold of her hand. "Where are we going?" She asked walking down the hall to the elevator.

"Well your going home and I'm gonna find him." Chris said pressing the botton. "No your not. Chris your only going to make it worse. Just leave it." "What and have you beaten up again. Your pregnant and he could of killed the baby." he said going into the lift. "Please I'll sort it. I don't want you getting hurt." Marylin objected. "How? He'll only beat you again. Your mine not his now and no one and I mean no one can touch you." he said as the doors opened and he stepped out going to his car and driving her home.

"Chris please." she said as she got out. He ignored her started to car again and driving off. She placed her hand over her face and ran it through her hair. She went inside to see her dad and Maria talking on the sofa and drinking tea, "Hey how did it go?" Tom asked.She didn't want to talk about it and went in the kitchen eating whatever food she can find that the baby likes. "Are you okay?" Tom said sitting at the table next to her. She looked up and smiled, "I'm fine." "I heard about Jame. I'm so sorry." he placed his hand on hers.

"Chris has gone to find him." "What?" "I tried to stop him but he didn't listen I told him he'll make it worse." she began to cry. "Don't worry I'll go find him." Tom said picking up his keys. "You have to tell her." Maria whispered. "I'll tell her late. It isn't the right time." he said and left. Maria sat back down with Marylin hugging her as she cried.

When Tom arrived at James's house the door was open and he could see a hand print in blood. He ran in to see the place was smash but no one was there. He looked up stairs no one the in the garden until it hit him. He ran in his car and drove home.

Back at home Marylin had stopped crying and sat talking to Maria when all of a sudden they hear the door fly open. Then in walked Jame who was covered in blood, "So you got out then?" He said as he held up a knife covered in blood. She gasp and felt her heart break.'Chris!' "What did you do to him?" She asked. "Oh what Chris? I had a little talk with him." he said as he wiped some of his blood from his wound and licked it. "Leave now." Maria warned. "Or what? Will your daddy come?" He mocked.

"No I will." a voice said behind him. Chris holding onto his shoulder. Then he hit him around the head. "Chris!" Marylin cried running to him and wrapping her arms around him, "I thought he killed you." "I'll call the police." Maria said picking up the phone. "Marylin!" She heard her dad say, "Your okay." he hugged her. Chris was about to fall when Marylin held him.

Just in time the police came and the ambulance too. James woke up as he was being pulled into the police car shouting things at them. Marylin winced as she felt a pain in her stomach. "Are you okay?" A ambulance lady asked. "She's pregnant." her dad said. "Would you like us to check you over?" "No I'm fine thanks." "Marylin?" he dad said. "Come on." the ambulance lady smiled helped her in the back with Chris. "We'll see you there." Tom said as they closed the doors.

At the hospital Chris had been all bandage up and Marylin was being check out, "All looks fine" said the nurse doing a ultrasound. "Is that the baby?" Chris asked pointing to the peanut that had grown from the last time Marylin saw it."Yep right there." the nurse smiled. "Wow." Chris said holding Marylin's hand and the other was in a bandage. Marylin turned to look at Chris, "I'm so sorry for what happened." "It's fine at less you and the baby are okay." he smiled kising her forehead. "Are you?" She asked. "Yes. Look he's gone and he's never gonna come back now." he kissed her lips softly.She nodded and turned back to the screen. It was so cute. She couldn't wait to hold it.

"I'm gonna go watch a film. Anyone?" Marylin asked as she got home. "Marylin don't you think you should get some rest?" Chris advisted. "I'm fine." she smiled, "no one?" "I'll bring the snacks up." Tom walked into the kitchen. Marylin and Chris went to pick and film while Tom made some snacks. Marylin picked out 'Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones' and now she sat holding onto Chris. "I'm so glad this isn't real." Marylin said. "It is." Chris looked down at Marylin trying to scare her.

"Um Marylin could I speak to you?" Her dad asked. "Can it wait it's getting to the good part." she asked. "Yeah." Tom sat back down. When it ended Chris went to bed and Marylin went to see what her dad wanted to speak to her about, "What did you want to speak to me about?" She asked. "I just wanted to say." he paused, "I'm proud of you. If your mother was here she would be too. I love you." he in braced her in  a hug. "Thanks dad" she said hugging him back, "now what do you want?" She pulled back.

"Nothing?" "What did you do?" "Ehehe Nothing." he laughed. "Are you getting upset cause you feel old being a grandad?" she pouted. "Hey. Even when your pregnant I can still get you back." he pointed his slender finger. "How?" Before she could run he grabbed her and started to tickle her, "Ah stop. Please dad." she said in between laughs. "What's going on here?" Chris asked walking down the stairs. He walked over then started to smile as he began to tickle her too. "Maria help. Please." Marylin begged as she walked by."I'm not getting involved." she put her hands up and kept walking.

When they stopped Marylin was out of breath and went to sit down, "Thanks Maria." she said sarcastically. "Your very welcome. Tom could I speak to you tomorrow?" "Sure. I'm off to bed I'll see you all in the morning." he kissed Marylin's forehead before going to bed.

*

*

*

*

A/N: What do you think Maria wants to talk to Tom about?

Thanks for reading don't forget to vote comments & follow