f i f t e e n

spending a lot of time with corbyn, made daniel notice a lot of things about him.

like when the boy was happy or excited, he'd have a wide smile and a slight tint to his cheeks.

if corbyn was sad or mad, he would become quiet and distant and claim the tired or bored card.

when corbyn was nervous, he'd avoid eye contact and his face would become different shades of pink.

even the little things daniel could recognized, like if he began playing with a strand of his hair, he was thinking.

he would fiddle with something inside his hoodie pocket when he was anxious, maybe his sleeves.

daniel began to recognize all these little habits without even realising it, noting times he had done them in the past.

but daniel never brought up that he could remember those little things that would seem stupid to other people.

daniel didn't mention it to corbyn, maybe he would think it was creepy if daniel said anything about it.

💭

"stop looking at me" corbyn mumbled as he looked away with a small smile and a slight tint to his cheeks.

corbyn was rolling back and forth as he did his math homework, daniel sat on the ground with his back leaning on the wall.

he didn't even realise he had been staring at corbyn until the blonde had said something.

"sorry" daniel said as he turned away, feeling the heat rise in his own cheeks.

corbyn didn't say anything else as he continued to do his math homework, with a blank expression.

"do you need help?" corbyn said a couple minutes after he closed his book.

daniel had his english homework sitting on his lap, "no, i just don't feel like doing it."

corbyn nodded and leaned back in to the desk chair with a bored expression on his face.

both boys shared the look, daniel stood up and corbyn watched him from the corner of his eye.

daniel tossed his english folder in his book bag before lazily throwing himself on his bed.

a sigh leaving his mouth but being muffled by the bed's comforter.

he rolled over and glanced down at corbyn, who had turned the chair to look back at him.

"come here" daniel said as he pat the bed beside him and corbyn looked at him, the door, and then back at him.

he sighed before standing up and walking over to daniel, waiting for the brunette to move over some more.

daniel smiled before inching over and as he felt the bed sink when corbyn laid down beside him.

corbyn laid on his back staring up at the ceiling while daniel closed his eyes, with the smile still planted on his lips.

daniel's eyes opened when corbyn turned over on to his side, so he was facing daniel.

"are you tired?" corbyn asked and daniel nodded, "i barely slept last night."

corbyn looked at the the brunette in disappointment, "why?"

"i was doing my homework that i didn't feel like doing earlier" daniel mumbled as he looked away from corbyn.

"dummy" the blonde mumbled as he closed his eyes.

daniel looked at corbyn with a soft expression, "why are you tired?"

"i'm always tired" corbyn whispered, and daniel knew the boy was about to fall asleep.

daniel moved a little closer to corbyn and he didn't know how he had any confidence, "can i cuddle with you?"

corbyn's eyes snapped open with a surprised look, "um s-sure."

daniel's face had to be red when he slipped his arms around corbyn's torso, the blonde's arms wrapping around daniel.

a small smile appeared on daniel's face as he listened to corbyn's heart beat; it was fast, he was nervous.

a little bit later daniel's eyes opened slightly when he heard a clicking noise.

"someone had opened the door, and closed it."

💭

feedback?

y'all go check out my new book called rich and sad, it's a jachary havery book if you're interested