f o u r t e e n

daniel became very fond of corbyn taking him places and reliving their memories.

it actually helped a lot and soon every now and then corbyn could ask him, do you remember what we ate?

then something would click and daniel would answer correctly and he'd get a cheerful smile from corbyn.

"so wait...we're going out on the roof?" daniel asked as he watched corbyn unlatch the window.

corbyn grunted, "we used to do it all the time, and there gonna be a lot of stars out tonight."

daniel held a plaid blanket as he watched corbyn slip out the window and on to the roof.

"give me," he gestured to the black and white plaid blanket.

corbyn's window would lead them out on the roof of the back porch so none of the neighbors would see them.

"okay, c'mon out" corbyn said as he help daniel get in to the roof quietly.

daniel instantly looked up with a wide smile as his eyes darted along the sky, taking in all the stars.

there never appeared to be this many, or maybe that was because daniel never took the time to look up at the sky.

corbyn plopped down on the blanket and daniel hesitantly did the same.

"do you do this a lot?" daniel asked as he looked at corbyn who was leaning as he glanced around.

corbyn nodded, "sometimes i forget and i end up falling asleep on the roof by accident."

"it's really pretty" daniel said softly as he looked around the quiet neighborhood.

corbyn glanced at daniel as if he wanted to say something, but he quickly turned away and kept the words to himself.

daniel hadn't noticed the glance since he was to busy enjoying the gentle breeze against his cheeks as his eyes were shut.

a quick scene of lips colliding flashed in daniel's mind, and he opened his eyes quickly.

"is this where we had out first kiss?" daniel suddenly blurted out.

corbyn suddenly stopped leaning, "did you remember, or are you guessing again?"

"no, i think i remembered it" daniel said as he saw the black and green striped sweater from a couple nights ago faintly in the scene.

he smiled, "that means this is working," he seemed proud of himself.

daniel couldn't help but smile back as he let the memory play through his mind faintly, still not aware of what was fully happening.

💭

"i found some old pictures, of when you were all little" keri came down the stairs with a book.

daniel stared at the book before, she handed it to him, "how many pictures do you take, oh my god."

"i never want to miss a moment," she smiled, "and i always want to be able treasure these little moments."

daniel smiled at his mother, she was always so sweet and kind.

he flipped the book open, it was filled with pictures from his childhood, mainly from family vacations.

all four kids had large eyes and happy smiles in most of the pictures.

daniel had an apple juice in his hand in a lot of the pictures that he was found in.

even in photo's that daniel was in the back of, not paying attention he would have the small straw poking out of his mouth.

keri chuckled, "that used to be the only thing you would drink when you were younger."

daniel nodded, as he continued to flip through the pages.

he smiled down at a photo of the four sitting in the sand with wide smiles on their faces.

"we looked so happy."

💭

feedback?

y'all my sleep schedule is fuckeddd