e i g h t

daniel and corbyn had met all of their close friends; jonah, jack, and zach at a pizza place so daniel could get to know them.

corbyn was quiet the whole ride, so daniel was too.

as corbyn parked, daniel paused as he saw the three boys from photographs playing a claw game through the glass window.

jonah was a tall boy; dressed in a simple white t-shirt tucked in his blue ripped jeans, and checkered vans.

jack had a beanie covering his perm; he wore an oversized thrasher hoodie, black joggers, along with white and blue sneakers.

zach had rosy cheeks; he wore a striped shirt, adidas joggers, and white converse.

"are you okay?" corbyn asked not looking a daniel, are you?

"yes" daniel said as he gave corbyn a fake smile even though he wasn't looking at him.

💭

daniel caught the eye of the three as he walked in to the small building; immediately causing his anxiety to peak even more.

"hey" was all daniel said as he walked up to the three.

corbyn was quiet as he watched the boys stare at daniel before pulling him into a group hug.

jonah had pulled corbyn into the hug as well, the group was always known for drawing attention to themselves.

daniel couldn't help but laugh at the groups forwardness.

daniel watched as jack put stuffed animals in his bag, except it had zach's name on it.

"jack's really good at that game," zach said as he pointed to the claw game.

jonah picked up a giraffe one and tossed it to daniel, "do you remember the inside joke we had?"

daniel glanced down at the blue giraffe and shook his head, "we called you giraffe because of your long neck."

"oh" daniel nodded before smiling, "its not that long."

daniel sat with jonah; jack, zach, and corbyn sat on the other side of the booth.

they asked similar questions like corbyn.

childish questions like, what was my favorite show and ones like, how i was doing.

daniel soon realized that jack and zach were dating after watching them for five minutes.

they had been sharing one drink and feeding each other pizza.

corbyn stared out the window lazily sipping on his coca cola, not joining in the conversation.

daniel bit the inside of his cheek feeling bad as he lifted his cup to his mouth before taking a drink.

"corbyn, you good?" jonah asked not looking up from his phone.

"i'm fine, i pulled an all nighter so i'm tired" he mumbled and daniel glanced at jonah who just shook his head.

daniel nibbled on his straw as he glanced at jonah's screen, he was texting someone named 'eben❤'.

"i'm going to the bathroom" corbyn said and jack and zach moved for him.

jonah moved and daniel looked at him confusingly, "go talk to him," the boy said and daniel nodded.

when daniel opened the door, he glanced under the stall's, corbyn was sitting on the floor of the third stall.

daniel was quiet as he leaned against the wall, he waited patiently for corbyn.

he listened closely for someone to come in but only caught the noise of gentle sobbing.

"corbyn was crying."

💭

feedback?

100% sad, 0% rad

100% sad, 0% rad.