𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Emma was at the park walking her cousin's dog Spike, when a squirrel ran across the path suddenly. Spike started to chase after it and Emma lost her grip on his leash. "Spike! Come back here!" Emma started running after the dog, the cold Autumn breeze nipping her rosy cheeks.

"Spike!" As she yelled as she ran around the bushes and crashed into something, or rather someone else.

They both tumbled to the floor and landed on top of each other, groaning in pain she looked down at the victim to see the most gorgeous man she had ever seen in her life.

"Um, uh, hi..." Emma felt her cheeks grew warm, but thank goodness for the cold otherwise he would have been able to tell that she was blushing.

"Uh, hi," he looked her in the eyes and she stared into his ocean blue ones. The world seemed to slow down, coming to a stop. It felt like they were the only two people in the world, all surrounding noises drowned out, Spike long forgotten.

Emma just stared at him, admiring his features, strong jaw, pink lips, rosy cheeks, light blue eyes full of passion, long thick eyelashes that brushed his cheeks every time he blinked and dark brown hair brushed neatly to the side. This guy was pure handsomeness, he is literally an angel sent from above.

"Oh, sorry, I'm still on top of you," She quickly said as she snapped out of her daze. She proceeded to get off of him and lend him a hand and pulled him up off the leafed covered ground.

When they were fully standing Emma noticed how tall he was, she had to crane her neck to look up at him, but then again she was a midget. "Uh, yeah sorry about that, I was chasing after my dog he saw a squirrel and then just took off. Oh my God, Spike! I'm so sorry, I have to go," she said and started running in the direction where Spike ran, leaving the mystery guy behind.

Running like a lunatic across the leafed covered park, Emma finally found Spike barking up a tree, the squirrel must have gone up the tree. Grabbing his leash she pulled him away from the tree.

"Naughty boy! Come on, Spike let's go home," turning around she came face-to-face with the mystery guy she crashed into just mere seconds ago.

"Hi, I'm so sorry about what had just happened before, I honestly didn't see you there ," she apologized profusely until he finally spoke.

"That's alright, it's also partly my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going either," he chuckled remembering the encounter from earlier.

"I'm Emma..." she stuck a hand for him to shake, which he gladly accepted.

"Hi, Emma, nice to meet you, I'm James..."

She smiled at him loving the way her name rolled off his tongue so effortlessly.

"Well, it's so nice to meet you too James, again I am so sorry about before." she couldn't stop apologizing.

"Don't worry about it, the leaves cushioned my fall. So this is Spike huh, nice to meet you buddy, you know you shouldn't go running off like that, you stressed Emma out," he knelt down and spoke to Spike softly.

"You can pet him if you want he's my cousin's dog," Emma spoke up vigorously.

"Oh I would if I could, he's such a beautiful dog," he gave her a sweet smile.

"Thank you, he's a keeper."

He simply laughed along with her, God, I loved the sound of his laugh she thought to herself.

"Thank you, I love the sound of your laugh too," he grinned at her, her cheeks instantly grew warmer.

"Oh my God did I say that out loud?" he nodded his head smiling at her.