Chapter 4: Tokijin

Start from the beginning

"Tetsusaiga will not transform when you are in your human form!" Myoga reminded Inuyasha, while Yuki stared.

"You aren't serious?!" She demanded, and Inuyasha scowled: "I can still take him."

"You haven't changed at all!" She cried, and he countered: "Neither have you!"

"They're squabbling like children." Shippo moaned, and Sango nodded.

Totosai meanwhile was facing Kaijinbo grimly, and he stated coldly: "It's been a long time, Kaijinbo."

"Totosai." Kaijinbo sneered. "I took you for dead."

"You've been busy crafting another wicked sword." Totosai noted with a frown. "Haven't you, Kaijinbo?"

"Hehehe." Kaijinbo smiled. "I shall prove to you which of us is the better swordsmith!"

"Totosai." Miroku chimed in as Yuki and Inuyasha returned to the seriousness of the situation as well. "You are also familiar with this Kaijinbo?"

"Yes." Totosai answered grimly. "He is a former pupil. I banished him a long time ago. He was most unorthodox. He killed ten innocent children for his sword. Wretched beast."

Totosai scowled at his former disciple as he explained to the others: "He covered the blade with human blood and oil in order to make it seethe with hatred."

"How awful." Kagome gasped while Miroku's jaw set in anger.

Kaijinbo cocked Tokijin as he challenged: "Draw your sword, Inuyasha! I shall crush Totosai's creation before his very eyes!"

"You'll have to go through me first." Yuki replied, placing herself in Kaijinbo's direct line.

"Foolish half-breed!" Kaijinbo cried. "Well, if you so desire, you shall perish first!"

He started to run at her, and to almost everyone's surprise this time Yuki ran forward to meet him.

"Yuki!" Sango cried, and Miroku added: "Watch out!"

But Inuyasha smirked as Yuki suddenly sheathed her knives while she dodged Tokijin, avoiding the strong demonic aura. Kaijinbo paused in confusion as the half-demon seemed to jump right by him without even harming him.

"What's she doing?" Shippo wondered while Totosai noted: "Huh."

'That girl...' He thought to himself. 'She realized her own swords would never be able to take on Tokijin. She will not engage in a pointless fight, unlike another half-demon I know.'

'But what will she do now if she will not fight?' Old Myoga was wondering as he too watched the girl's strange behaviour, but Inuyasha smiled.

'Right... now.' The two friends thought together, and Yuki's blue eyes tightened.

Just as she was passing by Kaijinbo, her hand shot out and the others all watched in surprise as the ribbons around her right wrist were suddenly loosened and thrown like a whip around Kaijinbo's hand.

Kaijinbo watched, puzzled, before he was distracted as Inuyasha yelled: "Too bad, Kaijinbo! You should have killed me when you had the chance!"

His hair began to fly and lighten, turning white as the sun's rays fell on him, while his nails grew into claws and his ears perked up on his head once more.

"He's transforming!" Shippo cheered, and Kagome sighed in relief: "The sun's coming up!"

Meanwhile, Yuki had landed behind Kaijinbo, skidding slightly as she pulled the demon's wrist sharply, causing him to stumble forwards and exposing his whole body as Yuki forced his hand wielding Tokijin far away from his body.