20. What I Want, I Can't Have.

HANDLE WITH CARE

20. What I Want, I Can't Have.

ANNIE

Nina went to Annie's the next day and apologised for making her uncomfortable, she thought that Annie liked Luke and only wanted to help. Annie didn't hold grudges against Nina, they rarely fell out but if they ever did it wouldn't last longer than a few hours. Annie was mostly annoyed at herself for this particular argument as she let things get too far with Luke when they can't be more than client and therapist.

Nina was now trying to persuade Annie to go to one of her work friends New Year's parties that they had every year. Annie had never heard about this work colleague before, so she was rather sceptical about going to a strangers house, but then it was mutually decided that Annie needed to get wasted.

They went shopping today for a dress, as Annie was bored of all the ones in her wardrobe. She wanted something provocative but not so much so that it looked like she was only there for sex, because that definitely wasn't the case.

She tried to stop thinking about Luke, but he looked so defeated yesterday after her outburst that she felt bad for suddenly dropping the news on him. She wanted more, she craved to have more with him, but it just wasn't possible, not if she wanted to keep the job she had worked so hard for.

Nina had picked out a two piece for herself, but Annie decided she wanted a dress, a sexy tight dress that will really make her feel confident. She tried on a deep blue dress and instantly fell in love, it made her figure look immaculate and her curves really stand out, all her working out had paid off.

Nina convinced her to buy a fake diamond choker to go with it and it did look good, it made her feel a lot richer than she actually was.

-

Annie got ready at Nina's on New Year's Eve as she knew where this party was, so she left the dogs a bunch of food and toys out, leaving the radio on in case they got scared of the fireworks.

Annie made sure to have a decent amount to eat (but not too much to make her look bloated) so she didn't get hungry at this strangers house where she didn't know where the food was. Slipping her black heels on, she posed for a few photos with Nina and on her own before they got in Nina's car, arriving nearly 30 minutes later at a house that looked way too posh for someone who worked with the same job as Nina, but then again Annie was pretty sure it was the shop owner.

A couple must have lived here as there's room for two cars in garage and the house itself looks like a two bedroom, maybe they had kids? Annie started to care less and less about who lived here as they neared the booming house, the bass of the speakers being turned up louder than the actual song itself.

Annie didn't mind, she would happily appreciate a good bass in a song and quite frankly the music playing was rather catchy, not that she would remember it in the morning. She hoped to remember little about tonight tomorrow, even if the consequences was a pounding headache.

Nina held onto Annie's hand as she lead her inside, the bass being even thicker in here as the crowd seemed to already be buzzed and counting down the two hours until midnight.

"So who's house is this? It's amazing." Annie yelled to Nina, even though it was supposed to be more of a mumble. She glanced around at the expensive décor, they must have other jobs to be able to afford somewhere so upper class as this.

"That handsome man right there," Nina smirked, dragging Annie over to the man facing the opposite way to them before tapping on his shoulder to reveal Calum.

Of course it was Calum, Nina doesn't have any work friends. Annie felt stupid for falling for her trick, yet she didn't think about it too much as Nina and Calum started furiously making out right in front of her.