13. Couldn't Be Happier.

HANDLE WITH CARE

13. Couldn't Be Happier.

L U K E

Luke woke up at 10:40am the next morning, his head aching and his body overly warm. He took in a large breath, stretching his body as he glanced at the clock, then to the position next to him. The bed was empty, and the duvet was tucked up to his chin.

No sounds were coming from the bathroom or anywhere else in the little hotel room, he assumed Annie was an early riser so maybe she went to the morning buffet. Luke unravelled himself from the bedsheets, slipping on his blazer again as he went to the bathroom to wash himself up.

He couldn't stop thinking about last night. Nothing extravagant happened but he did spend the night with his therapist, at least he thinks he did, he fell asleep before Annie did.

He made his way downstairs, searching the main hall for anyone who looked as jaw dropping as his therapist, friend even. He thought of her as a friend anyway, even if to her he was just a client.

His eyebrows furrowed, not seeing anyone who resembled Annie in the slightest. He wanted to call her, but he wasn't even sure he had her number, he didn't have her number. Their next appointment wasn't for another few days and he didn't want to wait that long to see her again.

He was annoyed actually, that she could just leave him in the morning, it felt like a non-sexual one night stand. They spoke all night, until Luke fell asleep, and then in the morning she was just gone. Had she not remembered just how emotionally unstable he is?

Mumbling to himself, he gathered his things (and some free toast from the buffet) before going outside and wondering what his next move was. He got the directions up on his phone for the clinic and decided to make the 50 minute walk, even when the rain felt more like snow.

He didn't know what he was planning on doing or saying when he arrived at the clinic. Annie would probably assume he just arrived on the wrong day, confused when they're appointment actually was.

He was freezing beyond belief, the first day of December was bound to be cold but Luke had massively underestimated the drop in temperature this year. Finally arriving at the clinic, he walked straight in, seeing the lady at the desk whose name he couldn't remember, before walking towards Annie's room.

Walking in instantly, he was shocked to see Annie talking to someone. Obviously it was her job but he kind of forgot she saw to more people other than himself. They're "relationship" - or whatever it was- was different to Luke and so intimate he thought that he was the only person Annie was talking to, as she was the only woman he was seeing at the moment too.

"Luke? Your appointments not until Tuesday what are you doing here?" Annie stood from her seat next to the client, a 30 something year old with a scruffy beard and admittedly built body. Luke didn't know if Annie was into the whole older guy thing and he didn't really want to find out.

"I want to talk to you." He stated, eyes judging the other man all over and wishing Annie didn't have to have been sitting next to him. She never sat next to Luke in there sessions, even if she did lie next to him in a hotel bed at his friends wedding.

"I'm in the middle of a session, you'll have to wait 40 minutes or just talk when it's your appointment." She crossed her arms, noticing his rude glare and finding it inappropriate and disrespectful. Luke waited a moment, tapping his foot before leaving the room and harshly closing the door behind him.

He sat in the waiting area for 40 minutes, attempting to dry out his hair next to the radiator and happily taking the blanket the receptionist- Maggie- had given him.