27. A Bad Idea.

HANDLE WITH CARE

27. A bad idea

LUKE

He shouldn't be here.

Luke shouldn't be stood outside Annie's house, the light morning drizzle beginning to dampen his slightly greasy hair. She went out last night with her friends, she had text him at one in the morning telling him Calum was an ass. Luke was already asleep by then and didn't receive it until the morning, but either way he was confused.

He didn't even know if she would be up yet, it was just past 9 in the morning and she seemed to have drank a lot last night. Luke text Calum this morning asking what happened, he knew they all went out last night as well, but he had received nothing yet. Chewing on his bottom lip he lifted his hand to the door, anxious to knock. The last time they had spoken Annie said she wasn't ready, that she hadn't moved on, and he was in no place to rush her.

Ever since Vegas he hadn't been able to stop thinking about her, more so than usual. He'd think about what she said, what she meant, what her lips felt like, what she tasted like, what she sounded like. She was consuming his mind from all angles and he couldn't have any. He wasn't going to rush her, but already he missed her company, her touch.

Knocking on the door he waited a minute, the drizzle beginning the soak through his shoes, as the street stayed silent. Knocking again he heard muffles from inside, something like glass falling and smashing on the ground. His brows furrowed at the sound, wondering what she was doing in there.

The door swung open with a broad black haired man standing there, his hair a mess and his shirt on backward. Luke swallowed as they came eye to eye, the other guy smiling annoyingly wide, teeth abnormally white. So many thoughts and emotions flooded through Luke's mind he had no idea where to even start. He still smiled at Luke before finally taking in a breath, "Y'alright?"

Luke felt like he was about to lose his mind; was Annie here or not? Had he just stupidly gotten the wrong house or something because his Annie wouldn't have a stranger in his house. His Annie? What was he thinking? She wasn't his, and she never would be, he barely knew her, she was his therapist, and he shouldn't expect any more. "Uh yeah, thanks," he started scratching the inside of his elbow as he grew more and more uncomfortable, hating every second he was stood here.

The next thing he hated was seeing small, delicate, polish hands press on the side of whoever this black haired man was, slightly pushing him to the side so she could peer around. Once he saw the ruffled bouncing curls jumping across her face his heart dropped, it felt so wrong to be heart broken and yet he was. He didn't know what was worse, the fact she was willing touching this man, comfortable in his presence, or the fact she was wearing what seemed to be his jumper, and nothing else.

"Luke!" She almost squealed, jumping around the slightly intimidating boy, kicking his shoes towards him, "What are you – what are- "

"Why don't I leave first before this gets any more awkward... for me anyways," The man who Luke had yet to learn the name of said sarcastically, so he was one of those types huh? Snarky, witty, good-looking and all around charming, Luke cringed at the difference. Annie sucked on her bottom lip, nodding her had as he slipped his shoes on, "I'll retrieve that next time," he winked, pointing at the jumper she was wearing, "see you doll, you have my number." He brushed the lose curls out of her face before swiftly making his leave, shooting once last wink, waving as he made his way down the street.

Luke had never seen Annie so red. Her whole face was covered in a thick layer of embarrassment, she stood still in her spot as she let the cool air from outside settle her slightly. Taking a deep breath she took a step back, yelping at the sharp pain stabbing into her foot. "Oh fuck me!" She cursed, holding her foot up as blood dripped down it and onto the floor. Luke knocked himself out of his heart-broken daze, stepping forward and into her home.