25. What Happens In Vegas...

HANDLE WITH CARE

25. What Happens In Vegas...

LUKE

Luke had a big sip of liquid courage – pink gin – before turning Annie to face him. They had been playing this game for far too long, whatever the game even was. The game of Luke chasing after a girl he couldn't have, hoping and praying that one day she would want him back. Surely she did, why else would she be kissing him, at two in the morning, in a hotel in Vegas?

For once she kissed him first. Luke was only a little bit surprised, he had spent the last ten minutes kissing her neck. He thought she would have objected pretty much straight away, repeating the same formulaic response of 'its unprofessional', but she didn't. Assuming she was enjoying it, since she didn't say anything, but she made it very clear once she kissed him.

She kissed him.

She kissed him.

Out of all the people in Vegas, in the world, she chose him. She chose the broken dusty blonde boy with blue eyes and too much stubble and chub on his stomach. She; the beautiful brown goddess with springing curls and thick thighs and chipped nails and bushy brows. She; the woman with a heart of gold and light, with a mind of peace and serenity, a soul so pure and electrifying. She; his therapist.

It all came back to that one problem. He wished it didn't have to be a problem. He wished she could have her job and he could have his and their would be no complications and they could live happily ever after. He wished his parents were still alive. He wished that somehow, with his parents still alive, he could have met Annie in a different way, where it would be easy for them to be together.

It didn't matter how much he wished, none of that was going to come true. What was true, however, was Annie's lips on his, her hand on his neck as she lifted herself up onto her toes, her shoes disregarded hours ago. He leant down slightly to meet her, both his hands on her waist as he kissed her back. It felt so good being this close to her, to be able to hold her and kiss her. He could stay like this for hours, days, weeks, forever he didn't care, as long as he was with her.

That didn't happen, obviously, as their drunken, idiotic friends bombarded into the room, tumbling over one another before freezing at the sight of the forbidden couple.

"Yes!" Nina screamed, clasping her hands together at the sight of her best friend kissing the boy she so clearly liked. Luke didn't move his hands from her hips, even when she took a step back, he didn't want their interruption to last too long, and he hoped they could go back to what was important. "Looks like I'm sharing a room with you two." Nina winked to Calum, who was more than ecstatic, they had wanted to share a room the whole time, but Annie insisted against it.

Ashton groaned slightly, knowing what he was going to have to endure, and decided that he was going to buy his own room, not wanting to hear the action between either of the couples. He left with a wink, and it took a few moments longer for Nina and Calum to pull themselves together before finally making a move.

"Remember!" Nina called, sliding back into the room as the two stood still, agitated at the continuous interruptions, "what happens in Vegas- "

"-stays in Vegas!" Calum yelled from outside the door, wolf whistling before grabbing Nina's hand and taking her away. Annie couldn't help but laugh a little, she loved her friends, and Luke's friends too, they were kind and funny and respected Annie, for the most part. They were also trying to help their buddy get laid.