23. Vegas Baby!

HANDLE WITH CARE

23. Vegas Baby!

L U K E

"How did you convince me to come here?" Annie mumbled to Luke as she sipped on her coffee, at the airport.

Admittedly it was Nina who convinced Annie last night, the young pair went out to celebrate their youth and Nina had it planned all along; get Annie drunk, tell her how amazing the experience will be, help her pack, make her sleep at Nina's house so she is forced to leave in the morning.

They had to be at the airport for 4:00am according to Nina, so she woke Annie up at 3:00, since the drive there would take a while too, and considering they got home at 2:00, wasn't as exciting as it may sound.

Annie was at on the floor in an oversized jumper and some yoga pants, sunglasses covering her weak eyes and her hair in a surprisingly neat ponytail. She was waiting for everyone to get their food as Luke stood next to her, himself too excited to sit down.

"I told you I would somehow." He smiled, looking down and seeing her tapping her freshly done nails. Her and Nina went to some place as a treat from Calum, Luke was a little confused as to why he bought them to get their nails done, and when he asked he went on a huge tangent about how he wanted to do something nice for Nina.

"So you told Nina to get me wasted? Thanks," Annie mumbled, the yellow of her nails being too bright for her at this time, if she didn't have her sunglasses on that is. She knew she looked like an idiot wearing sunglasses, at night time, inside, in the winter, but Nina was very persistent in getting Annie to beyond drunk.

The others had finally got their food and a disposable camera (Nina's choice) before they started making their way towards the seats by their terminal. They should be boarding the plane in the next half an hour, so the wait shouldn't be too long, and Annie was hoping she could fit in a quick nap.

It was only Annie, Luke, Calum, Nina and Ashton coming on the trip as Michael and Olivia were on their honeymoon in Bali, which is most definitely more fun than this. Not that Luke would think so, he hadn't been on a plane in years and the last time he did was wild, it was a private plane with the band and some other friends that they had hired for a flight.

Nina was showing a video to Calum and Ashton, which Annie didn't really care about until she heard her voice coming from it. She jumped up and rushed over, seeing that it was a video from last night of Annie dancing on the bar, whilst the bartender yelled at her to get down.

Annie groaned as she slid back onto one of the chairs, ignoring Luke's wide smile as the video continued. "Vegas is going to be 10 times more fun with you," Ashton laughed, thankful that the friend group were going out for once.

He had missed going out with Luke, he would constantly go out with Calum to get drunk and make some memories, but it had been so long since he'd been out with Luke in the same way.

"I am not drinking," Annie muttered, looking up at everyone who was staring at her, mostly in disbelief but some with a little sympathy, they've all had killer hangovers a few times before. "Ok, I am." She huffed, rubbing her face as she tried to get comfortable on the seat at the end of the row.

As much as Luke had missed Ashton throughout the year he had been gone, he'd rather look at Annie now then have the meaningless conversation they were currently having. In Ashton's defence, Calum would not stop talking to Nina, and vice versa, but Luke wished he had that same problem with Annie, no offence to Ashton.

She was curled up on her seat, her jumper over her knees as she used somewhat like a blanket. He wanted to take a picture of her, he didn't want to seem like a weirdo though, especially since she made it very clear to Calum and Nina they were nothing more than friends.