8. A Million Meanings.

HANDLE WITH CARE

8. A Million Meanings.

A N N I E

Annie was about to kiss her client. Well, technically he was going to kiss her, but that didn't make it any better.

Their were so many things wrong with the small action she couldn't even begin to think how bad of an idea it was.

How Bad It Really Was:
-Annie would lose her job.
-Luke would lose his therapist.
-Annie would most probably go insane.
-Luke would most probably regret it.
-She wouldn't be able to concentrate around him.
-he wouldn't take their sessions seriously.
-She would keep thinking of her past.

Annie could go on for hours as to why having a small intimate moment with a client was a terrible idea, but right now she was actually brought away from the scene to the current one. A man who looked slightly familiar was stood in the doorway, fluffy hair messily on his head and his clothes rather casual. As soon as he said Luke's name the pair jumped away from each other, pretending the other didn't exist as they stared at the tanned man.

"Cal? What are you doing here?" Luke shook his head, his throat becoming raspy and his eyes continuing to fill with water.

"I could ask the same thing," he breathed, a satisfactory smile on his lips as he walked over, wrapping his arms around Luke. At first Luke hesitated but it only took him a second to hug his friend back, to squeeze his body and rest his head on his shoulder.

Annie bit her lip, feeling as though this is a strong indicator for her to leave. She slowly shuffled to the side, trying her hardest not to make a sound as she picked up her scarf and bag from the couch. The boys pulled apart and shared a look with a millions meanings. Calum turned around, and now that he had a name Annie recognised him to be one of Luke's old band mates.

"Sorry for interrupting, you don't have to go," Calum apologised, backing away from Luke with his hands in the air as surrender.

Luke smiled a little, more than he had all night, as his eyes met Annie's, who were almost pleading with uncertainty.

"I really should, I'm sure you want to catch up and-" She blabbed, waving her hand as she put her scarf around her neck, gulping when Calum shook his head.

"We can do that with you here I'm sure? I'm Calum by the way," he held out a gracious hand, waiting as Annie took it before lifting hers to his lips and pecking the back of her hand. She raised her eyebrows, not realising people actually were this courteous in real life.

"Stop being a freak," Luke muttered, punching his side and glaring at his best friend. Even Annie could tell not much had changed between the two of them, not in this moment anyway. They were still boys, weird, stupid boys.

"Well, I mean, I don't know who she is so I'm trying to be nice,"  Calum exaggerated, sassing Luke so much so Annie thought this was a regular theme in their friendship. She hoped it was too, it was hilarious.

"I'm Annie, Luke's-"

"Friend! Uh, friend." Luke coughed out, eyes sinking from Annie to Calum.

"Oh so it doesn't have a label yet, I get that, take your time." Calum nodded, completely misreading the situation and making the other twos cheeks flare up in uncontrollable embarrassment. Annie kind of understood why Luke didn't want to tell his best friend that he was seeing a therapist. Or the fact that he was about to kiss his therapist.