Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"Ah'Taria," responded the water without infliction.  "They were here on holiday."

Tuesday nodded his head enthusiastically as he fumbled with something in his pocket  "That is why I reached out to the high council."

"Because of the deaths," asked Lucas.

Tuesday lips curled up into a sneer as he looked at Lucas.  "No," he replied calmly as he pointed a dart like weapon toward him.  "To use it on you," he bit out angrily.  "LONG LIVE THE RESISTANCE," he shouted.

The waiter's blank stare never wavered as he lifted a pitcher of barley tea, that he carried, and brought it down on Tuesday's head.   The restaurant erupted into loud screams as patrons ran for the door.

"Gentlemen," drawled the waiter his expression bored.  "Have you decided what you'd like to eat?"

Jacob chuckled as he raised a hand to call forth his hand held, "I'll have the beef ramen noodles with extra beef."  He pressed a few buttons and looked at the waiter, "You sure seem calm."

"Assassination attempts are normal on Olliyum," stated the waiter as he turned to Lucas and Kaelen.  "Do you gentleman know what you will be having?"

Kaelen blinked in an attempt to focus on the menu.  "I'll have the spicy tuna rolls," he replied before checking his hand held that buzzed loudly.   He sighed as he read the message on the screen, "And can you make it to go."

Lucas chuckled, "Another message from Kayla?"

"No," snapped Kaelen.  "It's a message from my dad."

Lucas smirked, "I'll have the chicken ramen with extra vegetables."

The waiter nodded and walked away from the table to retrieve their orders.

"That was weird," whispered Lucas.  His midnight blue eyes scanned the nearly empty restaurant.

Kaelen arched an eyebrow as he took in the Olliyums that had remained seated during the disturbance.  "No us seating here ordering our meals with the unconscious man that just tried to kill us is not normal."

"Oh okay," laughed Lucas as the waiter came and placed his ramen in front of him.  "I was just checking."

Kaelen took the bag that was handed to him and frowned, "Bring him with you when you guys return."

"Dead or alive," joked Jacob as his bowl was placed in front of him.

"Able to answer questions," responded Kaelen on a sigh as his device started to go off again.  "I'll be leaving now," he muttered before he turned on his heel and strolled out of the restaurant.  He turned down the first empty alley and stepped into his study at his home.

He came to an abrupt halt as he looked around his office at his father, Kevin, Jael Quin, Kayla, Zero, Zahar and Xara.  "And what, pray tell, do I owe this unexpected gathering too?"

Clarence folded his hands on top of Kaelen's mahogany desk and leaned forward in his chair.  His eyes stared intently at Kaelen.

"You do realize that's my seat," drawled Kaelen.  His eyes narrowed as he watched his father rock back and forth in his chair.

"Kae we have gathered here to discuss you impending nuptials with Ruby," stated Clarence as he ignored Kaelen's narrowed eyes.  "As your family, and friends, we feel we should speak to you about the choices you've made thus far."

"I don't need a family intervention," sighed Kaelen.  He raised an eyebrow toward Kayla.  "And plus aren't a few of my, so-called, friends missing?"