Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

Jacob wiped tears of mirth from his eyes and continued to read.  "You stupid small brain man whore.  Fix this or I'll tell dad about Nicole, Georgia and Sade Omaha!"

Lucas snickered, "She called you a man whore."

Kaelen gave them wide puppy dog eyes as he stared at them,  "I was sowing my wild oats."

Lucas raised his hand to call for their server,  "Didn't you just get the hostess information and promise to contact her?"

Jacob laughed, "Your sowing of the wild oats is something else."

"You both do remember how you were when I met you at the Academy," asked Kaelen flatly.  "At least you Jacob. "

"That's right!   I was a cherub of pure intentions," smirked Lucas.   He batted his eyelashes innocently.  "It was Kayla that dragged me to the depths of -."

"You can stop that lie right now," chuckled Kaelen.   "I'll visit Mia on our return and explain fully why I'm marrying Ruby.  Then we can discuss ideas to appease Jael Quin."

"I do have to admit that when you and she are together you almost go back to the guy I met at the Academy," nodded Jacob.

"Aside from the bleach blond hair," added Lucas with a playful smile.

"I tried to dye it back," groaned Kaelen.   "Whatever Kevin did, it refuses to be undone."

"Really," smirked Lucas.  "Ask him to turn it back," he teased.  "I'm sure if you call him grandpa or some derivative of that he'll happily turn it whatever color you want."

Kaelen glared at Lucas, "Never.  He looks 40 years too young for me to call him that."

"I believe Tuesday is here,"  whispered Jacob. "He's standing by the entrance waving toward up."

"Wave him over," sighed Lucas.  "I'm hungry and am not leaving here until we've eaten."

Kaelen scanned the crowded restaurant with a frown, "Where did our servicer go?"

"I don't know," responded Lucas.  He swept the restaurant until his eyes fell on a purple skinned server.  He waved toward him impatiently, "How can they be this crowded with such horrible service.

"Your Grace and my lords," bowed Tuesday.  He gave them a tentative smile before he took the seat Jacob pointed toward.  "I have news you must hear," he said urgently.

"I'm sure," drawled Jacob bored.  "You had us meet you on this goddess forsaken planet that can't even hire good wait staff."  He cut his eye toward the purple skinned man to make sure he'd heard him.

"Apologies for your wait," sighed the waiter as he pulled out a small clear crystal and placed it on the table.  "Several visitors were killed yards from here this morning.  Since then we have been busy.  Everyone is coming here to point and gossip about it."

"Oh," frowned Lucas.  "I didn't hear about any violence here today."

"How did they die," asked Kaelen as he picked up the small crystal and sat it on the reader in the middle of the table. 

"According to that table of medics," he pointed toward a round table with three purple skinned woman dressed in medic tunics.  "They said that each was shot.  The one with bright orange hair said the bullet shattered upon impact and injected some type of poison that caused them to turn to stone."

Kaelen frowned his brow scrunched up as he thought this over. "Do you know from whence they hailed?"  The man looked at Kaelen with a puzzled expression and he sighed, "What planet were they from?"