Chapter 35- Let go.

I did not get sick the next morning, after the kitty party, I had gone back to our room to sleep beside Nikolai. It had been 6 am and dont ask me how, but today, I wasny tired at all.

I was cheerful actually and excited for what the future held. Then I came across Darivarr in the forest as our party got ready to leave.

He looked pensive, deep in thought.

"Darivarr?"

He looked at me, startled. "Lunia." He smiled, hesitantly. "I take it you are okay this morning?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded. "I'm feeling more myself."

He smiled, close lipped, he still looked distracted. "What's wrong? You don't look so-"

"You know our next stop is Thetayas, right?"

I then remembered the letter he had received on the island, the letter that was formally disowning him. Damn, I was so selfish, I should have known. We were close to Thetayas, the elves would find any way to meet us and would be ready to officially disown him.

"Oh, Darivarr. Maybe we can take another route?"

He shook his head. "I have to face them. I want to know my financial state, they might have taken everything I own."

I placed a hand on his shoulder. "You accompanied me knowing that this was going to happen..."

He sighed and looked down at me. "Coming with you on your quest was the one thing in my life that I did right, Lunia." He looked towards Ayuko, she stands with some of the pack woman, chattering as they stroked her hair and her face.

The woman had melted her too, then. Her demeanour wasn't as it had been when we had been on the island. She was more....friendly, her walls had caved in.

"She's coming with us, right? With you."

He looked down, blushing. "I thought about keeping her here."

I crossed my arms. Making my displeasure evident. "You mean, abandoning her?"

The tips of his ears turned red. "I changed my mind." He defended himself. "This pack is nice, but it's unstable."

I looked towards Ayuko, "Does she know?"

He shakes his head. "I don't plan to tell her, listen, Lunia." He took my hand. " Please don't tell her, I don't want her to feel like she's a burden to me."

I took my hand away from his. "What is wrong with you Darivarr? She left her whole life behind for you. Can't you give her a chance?"

He looks away. "She's still on my mind."

"Who? Kieran? That elf girl? I thought she left you."

He nods, hesitantly. "She did, but it still eats at me, I...I love her."

I take his face in my hands and look into his eyes. "Darivarr, that elf doesn't care about you, you need to let her go, only then can you let someone else in. You need to move on."

I shake him, trying to get some sense into his head. He looks deep in thought but sad at the same time.

"She...She was promised to me."

"So? She clearly doesn't want you, if she won't keep her promise, why should you?"

Tears erupted in his eyes, seeing Darivarr, who has been my pillar in hard times, in this state, wasn't something I'd rather witness. I held him, hugging him to me. Giving him privacy.

"You need to let her go, Darivarr. "

He hugged me back, his elven scent of wood and mud was soothing, it had formerly been something I had always associated with the elves, but Darivarr was dear to me, this was his scent now. And it didn't matter if he were an elf, he was my friend.

A hand landed on my shoulder. "If you're done, Lunia, we need to be on our way. "

Alexei said. I broke away from Darivarr and nodded at Alexei. Suddenly, Ayuko was at our side, I pushed Darivarr towards her.

"Could you take over for me? It seems Darivarr needs a little cuddling." I chuckled. She smiled and tugged Darivarr towards her, he thankfully obeyed.

I went towards where Nikolai and the rest of the demon party awaited me. Nikolai looked towards me, "Are you feeling well enough to ride?"

I looked at Sheba but today, I was feeling romantic. "You got some place for me?"

Nikolai grinned and got down for me to climb. We sat on his degnite together, his hands on my hips, my head against his chest on his shoulder.

I smiled at the ladies who waved at me. I waved back. "Remember your promise!" One of them yelled.

I sent them a thumbs up with a grin. "What promise?" Nikolai asked.

I patted his face and turned it towards me as we moved ahead and kissed his jaw.

"When we have our baby, we're coming back here."

"Oh?"

"Yes. I promised them."

"But, do you want to, Lunia?"

I smiled lightly, thinking about our future. It all looked clear now. Nikolai, me and our baby. The three of us going on our still remaining honeymoon. This would be just fine.

"I want to. I also want something else, Nikolai."

"Hmm? What is that?" He asked, his hand cupping my belly.

"A honeymoon. We never had one. We'll take our baby with us."

He chuckled. "Where is this going to be?"

"I'll choose. Some exotic place, with people enough to take care of our baby....so that we have enough time to...you know." I giggled.

He kissed the side of my neck, his breath against my ear. "Talking about honeymoons makes me so hot, Lunia."

I moved my butt against his front, feeling his erection. "Do you remember my first trip through a portal? "

"Antarctica?"

I nodded. He groaned huskily. "Your killing me. "

I grinned and wriggled my butt again. He let out a small moan and his hand moved upwards, towards my breasts.

The spell broke when Alexei cleared his throat.

I blushed. Nikolai groaned in frustration.

Alexei chuckled. "The next stop is Sohue, brother dear." He said, amused.

Nikolai would have to wait till we reached Sohue, and there too, my dad would cockblock him. My blush darkened when another of the demons looked at me, his face lit up with a cheeky smile.

Nikolai pressed his head against my mine. "Your going to be the end of me, Lunia."

I chuckled, looking up at the sky, leaning against him. "I love you."

His tongue licked the shell of my ear. "I love you, too. And when I get you alone, Lunia. I'll show you."

I couldn't wait.