Chapter 1- Blindfold

I didn't know what time in the night it was when Nikolai's hand landed on my belly.

I opened my eyes. We were on the Floating Islands, the King had been kind. A message had been sent to Nikolai's family. They would be here soon.

The events of returning to Agelia were obscure. I didn't remember much. We had escaped through the portal with a weird box thing and then we'd be found on a boat according to Darivarr.

I didn't even remember how I reached the portals. Except for Darivarr telling me that I'd rushed impulsively after receiving a message from some King Terihokos.

I didn't remember anything. The warmth in Nikolai's hand on my naked skin was comforting.

"You're stomach is...." he was confused. Unsure. I shrugged of sleep and patted the place beside me.

"Sleep, Nikolai. We will talk about it later."

His face turned towards mine in the dark. His eyes refused to open. He was scarred from his time with Runeria. He was traumatised. But refused to speak to me about it. And I refused to ask.

Nikolai was now blind. We didn't know if it was permanent, I was afraid that it was. He refused to tell me how he became blind. He just wanted me close, the comfort of a warm body. I worried about him. I worried about us. About the future.

Nikolai didn't say anything. He lay beside me, his face turned towards me. I was still cautious about him. And still trying to get used to the fact that I had him back.

But the real question was, What now?

I too turned towards him. I stroked his face.

He sighed. "Tell me about Darivarr."

"He's my ally. I found him in the Elves mansion. He joined me to get some scoop on Soul Shredder."

"He's got ulterior motives, then. Can we trust him?"

"Yes." I nodded. Then added, "He's harmless to us."

Nikolai's arm came around my midsection and he pulled me closer. My breast smashed against his chest, my head under his chin.

"Lunia....I've missed you."

I hugged him back, kissing him under his neck. We got frisky soon enough. That was all we did in the past two days. Eat, sleep, sex, shower, sex, eat, sleep. Continuing on and on.

I had only spoken to Darivarr this morning, while breakfast. Nikolai turned us until he was above me, our lips mashed.

I ran my hands through his hair. "Go Demon. I want to touch those horns." I whispered.

He moaned and obeyed. "Tug my tail."

I did as he wanted. One hand on his horn as I tugged his tail, feeling the skin there, smooth like his manhood.

I licked the side of his neck, suddenly thirsty for his blood. I opened my mouth and place my teeth there, ready to pierce.

"Wait." He suddenly got off of me.

I sat up in confusion.

"What's wrong?"

Nikolai looked troubled, his hands reached out to find me. He took my hands in his own.

"Lunia, have you....have you been feeding off another man?"

I made a sound of outrage. The fuck? "No. Why would I? I'm not the cheating type, Nikolai."

"You have needs."

"So? They're not that urgent. I can survive without blood. I'm more Elf than Vampire." I jerked my hands out of his.

"How can you say that? I'm a princess, not some random whore you picked from the streets who can't control her urges." I got off the bed.

"Wait, Lunia." He struggled with the sheet, trying to push them off. I kept walking to the toilet until I heard a thud.

I turned around. Nikolai was on the floor, groping the air. Damn, Nikolai was blind Now, I had to remember that; I had to keep calm. I rushed to his side and helped him up. He jerked away from me.

"Stop. Stop!" He pushed me away from him.

He stumbled and twisted with the sheets and kicked them off in anger.

"I can get up on my own! I'm not some disabled! " He groused the proceeded to get up and try to walk towards the bathroom, stumbling and hitting furniture on his way.

He slammed the bathroom door close.

I sank down on the bed. Tears welled in my eyes. I got what I wanted. I got Nikolai back. But why did I feel like he wasn't really back home to me?

I looked towards the bathroom. Tomorrow. Tommorrow, I would start probing.

I placed a hand on my belly. It was fuller. I'm pretty sure....I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant.

I wiped my tears away.

Tomorrow. I promised.