Chapter 13- The will.

Pisces, somewhat. Tell me if y'all don't like it.

---

Pisces was inconsolable.

The Sharro left after he revealed the much hated news and some other details. He told us to expect a missive detailing their terms of alliance in a few days.

I held him close, taking in his seaweed, salty smell and feeling his wet, slippery hands clutching me like a child would. The only feeling I had in mind for him was love and acceptance. Because people did things when they were under pressure.

Pisces had only been protecting his family. They were still held captive by the Ghouls. I couldn't imagine the pain he felt. His family had no love for him but when they needed him, he had to be there for them.

And Pisces was, by all means, still a child, atleast to me, he was. And with a child of my own in my womb, I wasn't going to condemn another child to death by labelling him a traitor.

"What are you going to do with him?" The General asked.

Pisces flinched. I hugged him tighter and glared at her. "We aren't going to do anything with him. Pisces is very precious to Catra. You don't want her raining down on your head." I growled.

I looked at Darivarr, sharply. "News about this shouldn't reach outside ears, you hear me? "

He nodded and bowed. "No one will know. By my mouth." He send the General a look.

She blushed and also bowed to me. "You have my word, too. I don't like keeping secrets from my king....but what happens with the Vampires does not concern our kingdom."

I nodded. "So be it. When we leave Agelia, I will...speak to Hanes about this." Pisces shivered. I stroked his head and shook my own.

"I will see to it myself that Hanes will not harm you. Besides, Catra loves you more than all. She will stand for you..."

And Pisces had after all, saved Pius and brought him back to Catra. So, of course that would out away any chances of him being labelled a traitor. But then there was also the chances that Pisces had been giving out information to the Ghouls. His family, was after all, in danger.

I bent my head a whispered in his ear, "Nobody will harm you on my watch."

Pisces in all his quirks and sticky mess had found a place in my heart. I didn't know what it was about him, but he was immediately a part of my Disney fantasy, one of the weird talking animals acting as my sidekick.

I couldn't understand him because of my elf blood, but it didn't matter to me. He had journeyed with us all these days. He had joined me on the peril of his life. Even though Pius had meant it as a sick joke, to send Pisces with me on my mission, the joke was on him.

I had grown to like seeing his face by my side.

He was with me when we confronted Silas, when we landed on Agelia, when I faced of the queen, when I returned with Nikolai. He was always there.

There was the small doubt in my mind that he had been feeding all the information to the Ghouls but I would never hold it against him.

Pisces was family.

You never went against family. Even if they did you wrong.

I kissed his silppery forehead and motioned Darivarr to take him from me.

"Go now. Sleep. " He looked at me with sea green eyes full of tears. His sweet face, mournful.

"Don't worry. We will protect you." I said.

Darivarr took his hand and led him down to the sleeping quarters. Now that his excitement had faded, no doubt, he would be very tired.

The General looked a bit astonished when I turned towards her.

"What?" I asked, wiping the slime off of me with a chukle.

She shook her head. "The demon is a traitor to your father. Still you treat him with kindness. I had heard rumours of you being cold."

I shrugged. "Pisces is a Demon and I am the Demon Queen. My first allegiance is with the Demons. And it is my duty to defend my people. Pisces might be a traitor but his actions have been anything but. He saved the Vampire Duke from a certain death, he protects the child of the Duke. I do not know if he has supplied any information to the Ghouls....but I bet any information he has supplied would have caused the Ghouls to act already. But clearly, they haven't."

I shrugged. I would do anything to see that my party is absolved of any labelling as traitor. Pisces' former actions have already proved him worthy of being excused.

But I thought about my father Hanes. How would he react to the fact that he had been harbouring a spy in his midst all along?

I didn't know. I would have to find out...I would have to meet him. To talk to him.

And this time, we wouldn't be in a crashing hurry.

Gulp.

The Demon Covenant  (Otherworld Series #6)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara