Chapter 3- For the people.

I jerked my hand away from Nikolai's and stood up.

"You're forgetting, Nikolai. That I am a Queen too. And a Princess. And a badass elf. I bow down to no one and I apologize to no one."

I looked sharply at the Queen. She had a smug smile on her face. I felt like biting her ass.

"Look, Seraphone. You're sister fell in love. No doubt that man was older but aren't all werewolves older anyway? You can't always find love in the same age group. If it were mortal then it would be gross but were not mortals. We're immortal. We're going to live forever. And in forever, you aren't going to always find a mate with the same age."

She stood up too. "Oeard has confessed to using Callimera. He's always been after the throne. They've had sex! She has sullied herself! Her juvenile mind accepted him as her mate, she was wrong! She was stupid! I knew it right from the beginning and I decided to punish her! She is my sister, I have the right."

I growled back. "You might be her sister but you're not her mother. If she's old enough for sex then she's old enough to make her own decisions! Love is free, you cannot punish her so harshly for falling in love with the wrong man! "

Her face went red. She knew. She knew she was wrong. And she still held on to her pride. The stupid fool.

"I am the Queen of this island. I will do whatever I want to."

"If you treat you're people this way, then you are no Queen." She snarled and launched herself at me.

I predicted her move but I was too late, she managed to push me, I tripped. When I fell I managed to cover my belly.

"Lunia!" Nikolai shouted and in his rush to find me unharmed he ended up stamping my fingers.

I heard a crack before Darivarr came to my rescue. I wasn't done, though. With a battlecry, I rushed the Queen and managed to blow her away with an elbow to her stomach.

Take That! Even pregnant, with a broken finger or two, I managed to fuck her up. I am the Ultra Bitch.

She stood up, her face now blue with anger. The King sat at the table sipping tea, silently. The General was holding Nikolai back while Darivarr stepped between us.

"Ladies, please calm dow-"

The doors of the room opened in a rush. It was a servant, looking scared and hurried.

"My lords! It's is Lady Callimera! She has escaped the island on a boat!"

Fuck.

---

Nikolai sat fuming as he held Lunia's good hand.

"I wish you could have seen how I hit her, Nikolai." He wished he could see, too and her comment made him even angrier. Was she deliberately trying to hurt him? Like she had deliberately tried to hurt herself?

"You could have just apologized and be done with it."

Her hand left his and he felt like groping the air for it. But he didn't do it, it would be too pathetic.

"I will not apologize Nikolai. She should apologize to me. I am right in this argument, she knows it but she's too proud. I'm proud too, I'm not backing down."

He gritted his teeth. "You will if we want that alliance, Lunia. "

"Is that all you care about Nikolai? An alliance? I'm you're Queen, you're kingdom's respect depends on the both of us, what do you think my standing will be if I bow down to her will?" Lunia sounded dissapponted in him. He wished he knew where she stood, he wished he could see her face.

"I care, Lunia. I care about you. And today, you stupidly put yourself in harms way! She could have seriously harmed you!" He growled as he finally groped the air and managed to find her.

"We need that alliance. We need how many ever allies we can get so that I won't have to worry about you. So that if something happens to me.....you will have someone to look over you." He hugged her close. Her scent calmed him but his heart still beat erratically. Lunia could have died today, he knew he was overreacting but right now, at this moment, Lunia felt like the only real thing to him...Her and...

He pressed his hand to her belly, where he felt their...child's hear beat.

"You're not alone anymore..." He murmured. She was still in his arms, not hugging him back, not speaking to him.

Hold me, he urged her in his mind. Love me.

Her hands pushed him back. "Nikolai....do you perhaps feel weird sometimes?"

He cupped her face, touching the lines of her tattoos," I can't see so, of course, it's weird. "

"No." She shifted away from him, he felt her loss down to his bones. He wished she would come back.

"I mean it as in...do you feel like, like you've been cursed?"

Now confusion along with amusement filled his mind. Why would he feel like he was cursed? Is that even a feeling?

"Lunia, what is this about, suddenly?"

Her hands were on his shoulders then, she jerked him closer.

"Look at it through the eyes of an outsider. You trapped me in a prison for years, I was raped, abused and I almost even died. And then suddenly after spending a few weeks with you, I'm in love with you, isn't it weird."

He shrugged. "Its always been like that, I'm a lovable person. "

Her hand, abruptly came down on his chest and she pulled him closer and made him sit on the bed.

"You mean, other woman have fallen in love with you, easily before?"

He nodded. He'd always been easy to love. He felt like it was one if his biggest, most best traits. But he was still confused.

"You don't think so? You...fell in love with me and you feel like it's some kind of curse or something?" Hurt, along with anger filled him. So, she was hinting that their love was fake, unreal.

He stood up and sniffed his way towards fresh air, a window sill come under his hands and he stood there, trying not to get angry.

Her hand came down on his shoulder. "Nikolai, think about it. People don't fall in love so easily. And Runeria, a thousand year old dragon, who fooled the entire island of dragons into believing that she was a child, someone so powerful, how could she just fall in love like that?"

He jerked away from her touch. "You're saying that I'm not love material?"

She sighed, exsparated. "Of course, it would only hurt your ego." Her hands came down on his shoulders and she shook him.

"Think about it, Nikolai. Runeria was a thousand years old, that gains experience, right? How could she just fall in love like that?"

"What makes you think she really loved me?" He countered.

"You should have seen her. She was obsessive and totally crazy, I could see her devotion and her yearning for you. She really loves you....Wait, did you say, 'loved' as in past tense?" She gasped.

He pushed her hand aside and walked towards the bed. Five steps to the right, turn and sit, thankfully he got it right, was this how his life was going to be now? A blind king, how would he rule his people if he couldn't even walk down the steps without help? How would his people feel when they would see him trip and fall?

Lunia's scent assailed him as she knelt before him. She placed her hands in his lap. He wished he could see her face, what was her expression, what emotion was she showing, did she pity him? Did she feel like he was less....was that why she was trying to play off their love as something fake? So that she could leave him?

He caught her wrist and pulled her up. "Runeria is dead. You will stop talking about curses and fake love. What I feel for you is real, Lunia. And being blind doesn't make me less of a man."

He turned them and pushed her down on the bed. She was too stunned to say anything. If she felt like their love was fake, then he would show her that it wasn't.