Chapter 18- The Loop.

Nikolai and I spent the afternoon first browsing the library to search information on the ghouls, then the remaining time in our bedroom, having our own little celebration that didn't involve clothes or a big audience.

Currently, I stood in front of a mirror, holding up dresses I'd borrowed from the General in front of me, trying to choose which one will look better on me. Nikolai came up behind me and pushed aside the dress.

"You look better naked, I bet." He said, his hands roaming my chest and pinching my nipples. I was very, very sensitive in that place right now, I yelped and dropped the clothes.

"Be gentle, will you?" I groaned and stroked my soft nipples, now red.

He grinned and his hand pulled me closer by my hips, "I'm sorry, did I hurt you, my love?"

He bent his head and kissed one rosy nipple. I gasped and put my hands through his hair. "Don't call me that, it sounds lame."

He chuckles, our foreheads touch, our noses brushing against each other. Nikolai's hands wander my body and settle on my ass. "What should I call you then?"

"Say...Lunia."

"Lunia." He says, huskily.

"Baby."

"Baby." He moans a little this time. He moved against me, my nails grazed his hips and traced the V at his centre.

"Oh, Lunia." I say, my own voice sounding low, sensual.

He groans, "Oh, Lunia." His hands start moving towards my own sex. My breath hitches, I feel warm down there and little sparks of pleasure start tightening my insides.

"Fuck." I say when his fingers find my clit.

"Fuck." He repeats nodding and grinning. His cock is slick and ready, so am I. I pull him close and touch his cock to my clit.

We both moan. Our lips touch and he swallows the sounds I make. His own tongue licks the top of my mouth and I drives me crazy. I tackle Jim down and straddle him, taking his cock into me.

I groan once he's fully seated. "Tight." He moans and arches beneath me. I move above him, my clit touching his skin, I groan at the feeling but suddenly Nikolai pushes me away and off of him.

He crab walks away from me and pants with his back against the mirror.

"Nikolai?" I ask, unsure. What in Hades happened? We were having a nice moment there and suddenly Nikolai is afraid. His closed eyes don't cover the eyeballs that are continuously moving beneath. Sweat drenched him and he's pale. He looks afraid, like a cornered animal.

I crawl ahead and lightly touched his shoulder. "Nikolai." I say, simply.

He hit my hand away. "Don't touch me."

Hurt and confused, I sit back. "What happened?" I ask. He shakes slightly and rubs a hand over his face. Even his hand is shaky. Something must have happened. Something serious.

"Nothing. Nothing." He murmurs.

"You're not telling me everything Nikolai. Please, tell me what's wrong?" I sit up again and this time, slowly brush my fingers against his leg. He jerks his leg away.

"Let me hold you." I say. He shakes his head and takes the help of a nearby drawer and rises. He locks himself in the bathroom while I sit there, on the floor, facing rejection.

----

I wear a red, sequined gown with a cut at the thigh and pair it off with red scrappy heels. I let my hair down and let my face tattoos be seen. I'm not very good with makeup and so some maid servant come in and do my face up.

I end up looking like a Queen but still feeling like every inch of the misfit I was.

Nikolai avoided me all evening and now that it was time for the party, he didn't even come back to our room to get dressed. The servants left me and I felt like crying.

I sat at the bed, all dressed up for a party in my honour, a party which was so not looking appealing now. My stomach growled. I was hungry again. Gods, why was I so hungry?

I pressed two fingers at my head. My head was so full of thoughts that I just felt like I was going to pass out any moment.

Nikolai's expression kept swirling in front of my eyes. What had happened to him when he was in the portal with Runeria? What had she done to him?

I'm pretty sure that what happen today was related to Runeria. Even dead, she was still haunting us. And was she really even dead, it seemed too easy. Too fast for such a big thorne in my side to just die like that.

There is a knock at my door. The General speaks through the door.

"Lunia? Are you ready?" She asks, unaware of the storm brewing in my thoughts. For a minute, I just felt ditching the party and lying on the bed, crying my eyes out all night. But my stomach growled, I was very hungry.

I closed my eyes and imagined all the kinds of food at the party. Yup, eating would do something for my mood. Maybe spending the evening stuffing my face would make me feel way better.

I opened my eyes and looked towards the door. "Yup, I'm ready."