Chapter 15- The Sweetest Fruit.

Darivarr placed Pisces in his bed and covered him with a blanket. Arale the librarian cooed at him and assured Darivarr and the General that she would take care of the Demon.

They left the room and closed the door.

The General silently stared at him when he turned. He looked away quickly, not willing to tangle with her.

He started walking towards his room and she followed him.

"So, your leaving soon?" She asked.

Darivarr inwardly cursed. She was in the mood to talk. He nodded, briskly.

"I will be leaving with Lunia."

The General caught up to him and started walking beside him. "I hear your relations with your family aren't so good."

He cursed again, not out loud. He really didn't want to talk to the General, lately, she'd been following him, trying to probe into his life, asking personal questions. He had a feeling that she had a small crush on him but this was not such a good time for him.

He'd already been betrayed by one female, he wasn't ready for another one yet.

But the General was quite insistent, she followed him even when he didn't reply.

"Where are you going to stay when you leave?"

Frankly, Darivarr himself didn't know where he was going to stay, or even what he was going to do once Lunia didn't need him anymore. Where would he go? Going back home was not a choice anymore, the elves had shunned him, he had no place in his family anymore.

About that, he was actually quite relieved. A bit sad, maybe. But relief was the top most feeling he'd received when he read the letter from his brother.

How Darramon had managed to send a letter to the floating islands? Well, some kind of magical carrier bird or one of the many elf secrets that he, as an outcast, hadn't been privy to. Darivarr had just found the letter on his desk, sealed and signed.

"I might go back to the mortal relm. I have some property there." Assuming his brother hadn't taken that out of his hands too.

The letter had been pretty clear about his inheritance, he would only get fifty percent of his true inheritance, the rest would go to the welfare of the elves and their new home.

Gods, they had treated him like he was a criminal. Darramon was his very blood, they had grown up together, played together, and now Darramon had even slept with the same woman.

Somewhere along the way, their sibling relationship had turned into a weird competition and now Darramon had won.

"-stay here"

The General had been saying something and he hasn't heard a word except that last part. He froze.

"What did you say?"

The General turned and looked at him with her beautiful but scary eyes. She looked right into his soul, through his body. He felt naked, and worse, vulnerable. He hated being vulnerable, especially in front of a female, now more than ever.

"I said, you could stay here, in Agelia. We would harbour you like we have Arale."

He grinned suddenly, viciously. "What now, you think I'm some kind of homeless freak? " He inched closer and towered over the General, he looked down at her and glared right into those eyes, showing her that he wasn't the pitiful creature she thought he was.

"Listen, General." He said her title in a mocking whisper. "I'm not some stray dog you came across and pitied and said 'Hey, I guess you can come home with me.' I'm an elf, one of the royal ones, that too. I maybe stripped of my titles and kicked out of the homestead but I have my ways, I have means, I'll live. I have been living for the past few years. I was dead to my family years ago. Escaping with Lunia was the last straw, I did it knowing that it was." His hand came up and cupped her jaw in a hard grip.

"I've made it a point to stop caring about little this like this. I don't need a female in my life, I don't need another problem."

"I won't be troubling you." She whispered.

He chuckled. "All females are troublesome."

She pulled his hands away from her face slowly, then her fingers laced through his, she stepped closer, into his personal space as he backed away.

"I won't trouble you, I swear this." She repeated, only this time, her voice was husky, her eyes hooded, turned black with some kind of emotion.

"All my life, I've been training and training and training to be the best leader I can. I've never had fun. I've never enjoyed. I've never felt anything. But the first time I saw you....." her breath hitched and she cupped his face.

Sudden lust tightened his loins. She was making a move on him. It had been three years since he'd last had sex. Since he'd last felt a warm, supple, female body beneath him. His cock had not appreaciated the break, his mood was always grouchy, frustrated.

Sex was just the release he required. But he didn't want the strings that came with it. He didn't need another woman, he really, really didn't want one.

"I wanted you. I still do. I've never ever wanted anyone. I promise you, the only relation between us will be that of beneath the sheets. " She whispered, her long fingers stroking the heated skin of his jaw.

Her fingers inched up to his long elven ears and she touched the tip, not knowing that the effect was almost the same as touching his nipples. He closed his eyes and groaned lowly.

"I'm not worthy."

Suddenly, she had pulled him down and her lips were at his neck, kissing and licking. His hands went around her waist, he pulled her closer to him and let her feel his erection.

She gasped and fisted his shirt.

"To me, you are." She whispered against his skin.

He bent his head and her lips caught his in a heated kiss.

"The was a soldier in- Oh, gods." The King stood with Paris at the end of the hall. They stared open mouthed at Darivarr and General Ayuko.

The two broke apart with red, blushing faces. "My King, Lord Pallas, I'm sorry, we had no id-"

"Its okay." The King grinned. Pallas looked away, coughing in his fist.

"Its good to see you....engaging in different activities for a difference."

The General bowed and Darivarr cleared his throat, trying to stop blushing.

"I will, uh, see you later, my lords. " He nodded at the two males, then at the General.

"General. " He simply said and turned to leave.

When he reached the end of the hallway, he turned at looked at the General. She was nodding at something the King was saying but when his eyes met hers, they were still black.

He opened the door to his room and all the time, he maintained eye contact. Telling her through his gaze that this was where his room was, and that she was welcome.

Because, in the end, the forbidden fruit was always the sweetest.