45

-J-

Running. It was all Taehyung thought of in that moment. No looking back, no stopping just running. Running away into freedom. His throat started to burn and his limbs ached but he couldn't stop now, it was still not save Jimin could come from anywhere every second. The familiar grey apartments came into his view and he picked up the pace despite every muscle in his body begging him not to. He used his final strength to run up to the door and search for the right name on the list and immediately ringed the bell next to it once he found it. It didn't take long for the person to answer and he heard a voice coming from the speaker. "Hello?" Jungkook's voice sounded a bit scratchy but still good to understand. "J-Jung-kook.. I- I run.. and J-Jimin... He-." He suddenly started coughing and he noticed just how dry his throat had become. His coughs got harder and he gasped for air in between them, his knees gave in and he sank to the ground. Hands on the floor while coughing loudly. In the back of his mind he could register a faint clicking sound but he was not sure. That theory got proved right just when Jungkook pushed open the front door and seconds later Taehyung felt someone grabbing his shoulders. "Taehyung shit.." Jungkook lifted the male up with ease and steadied him with one hand around his waist to pull him inside the house. The elder's coughing went down a bit and he only coughed a few more times softly while he let his head rest against the younger's shoulder. Once inside Jungkook's apartment the younger helped him to the couch where he immediately fell down onto it, still breathing heavily. Jungkook quickly rushed to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water for Tae and he sat down next to him. The elder sat up still feeling incredibly tired, his eyes fell close. Jungkook helped him and guided the glass of water towards his mouth for him to drink. The first sip hurt like hell since his throat was still dry. But after that it felt better and he gulped down the whole liquid, wiping over his lips afterwards weakly. The younger placed the glass onto the table and turned back to his friend, frowning a bit. Seeing him so weak and exhausted made his stomach twist in an unpleasant way. "Tae.. Are you feeling a bit better?" He asked with a quiet voice not wanting to startle the other. As an answer Tae let his head fall onto the younger's shoulder again, a hand came up to wrap around him and it made him smile slightly. "Do you want to tell me what happened..?" Jungkook asked, hesitantly resting his head onto the other ones. "Well Jimin he kind of.. freaked out but I could make him calm down and distract him and... And I saw my chance and left." He whispered. Now that he said it out loud it was finally also believable for him. He ran away. Away from Jimin. He was definitely not sure how long it will take for the other male to find him, or if he actually does so in the end or not. But for now he was free and without his stalker, together with his friend in his apartment where it was save. He didn't know he was crying until he felt Jungkook shifting so that he could wipe away the tears carefully with his thumb. Taehyung looked up and met the younger's eyes for the first time since he was here and his eyes filled with new tears again. "Tae.. No, don't cry.." Jungkook smiled softly and cupped his face. Taehyung choked out a small sob and laughed slightly. "Easier said than done." He also wiped his tears now and the younger let go of his face, fondly staring at him with shiny eyes. He couldn't handle seeing the other cry. "Stop it.. you'll make me cry too." They both chuckled quietly. But the second Taehyung lifted his head again and gazed at Jungkook the mood to laugh was gone. "I just-" Taehyung sobbed. "I missed you so much kookie.." New tears kept rolling down his cheeks but he didn't bother to get rid of them this time. He shifted closer and threw himself into the younger's arms crying onto his shoulder softly. Jungkook was no better. His arms wrapped around Taehyung as he also couldn't stop the tears from falling down and he pulled Tae closer to him. "I missed you too Tae baby." They eventually parted and smiled at each other. The elder giggled at the nick name, happy to know that Jungkook still was the same; his dorky best friend who wouldn't let any opportunity to tease him slip. But he was glad that it was like that. The younger was there for him many times and vice versa and even if they had some up and downs along the way, they are still the same and not able to live without each other. As they both calmed down and wiped away the last tears, Jungkook told Tae that he can stay as long as he wants, to which he answered with another lung smashing hug. And when both boys laid in bed this night, close to each other, they knew that their friendship was going to last long. Because nothing on this world could part them that easily.