Chapter 38 - Aftereffects (Part 1)

************************************************************************

Chapter 38 – Aftereffects 

"Wake up Sweetheart" someone whispered into my ears. Just ignore it and it would go away. I turned around and continued to hang on to my sleep.

"Wake up sleepyhead" the voice whispered from my back again. Annoyed I raised my hand and waved towards the voice gesturing it to shush. Someone chucked at me. Sleep Just few more moments of sleep God!

Grabbing hold of a pillow at my side, I pulled it towards my ears so the stupid voice would stop. By now I have woken up enough to realize that it was the retarded Nathan annoying me. What was his problem! I want to sleep!

"Give me my clothes and breakfast, Rosaline" this time Nathan's much firmer voice ringed from behind me, but God bless this pillow that was reducing the loudness. Easing back I whimpered to a better position sticking my butt out and placing my hands in a Namaste under my cheeks. I pushed into something warm and pokey behind me but I didn't care.  I just want to sleep.

Nathan moved uncomfortably behind me, "Rosaline clothes and breakfast!" Why doesn't he for one day get up and take it himself. Who used to give him these things when I wasn't here? "Rosaline give me breakfast or I will eat you!" he said with a warning. Yeah right! Those days were long gone when I thought that he was a monster who could gobble me up. Why can't he just get his own breakfast for one day.

 'Stupid pampered idiot.' I thought to myself while continuing to ignore him.

"Stupid what?" Nathan asked me again. Shit! Did I say that out a loud? "So you aren't gonna wake up?" he asked me again. What kind of an idiot was he? Was he not getting the hint? He actually wanted me to say it loud. I twisted defiantly and murmuring, "No, Now go away"

Nathan sure was chuckling a lot more often lately. I heard him shift his position and bend until he could whisper something in my ears, "So you aren't going to open your eyes?" There was challenge in his tone. I wanted to take a board and smash it on his head. All he had to do was get a pair of old boring clothes, which by the way all looked the same, and grab something from last night to eat!

"Yes" I replied now annoyed that he was being such a baby. Keeping my eyes firmly closed I turned trying to sleep again, ignoring the six and a half foot of completely lunacy behind me. I could feel him slowly tugging the blanket away from me. I didn't care. Let him take the blanket away, I would sleep anyways. This had become the battle of who would win in this senseless game and I wasn't about to lose.

But he did not completely strip me off the blanket. He just pushed in below my leg. Then I felt him push himself up as the bed sunk down at his hand. Confused at his actions I trying contemplating what he had in mind. I could feel him getting up completely now. What is this idiot trying to do!

All I wanted were few moments of sleep. Last night has been the worst night of my life. The last thing I remember was crying to cry in Nathan's arms. Moments after being Nathan made my day. I had a forever with him. It was funny how the forever with the love of my life had to happen the same day as the for-never with my best friend. I can never explain what I felt standing there, while Nathan said that forever.

My stomach pooled with excitement, my eyes blinded by love. Did he really mean that? He pulled me back to him as he had pushed me away a few moments while I began feeling real peace within myself. This was my man.