Chapter 13 - The Parallel Universe

I don't know what had changed inside me, what had changed outside me, but walking on that road, with Hamilton by my side, it felt as though I was in a different world. 

The world where I hated him, enough to kill him, was somewhere in parallel universe but not here. I could feel the hatred for Hamilton, but the problem was the hatred was not for this Hamilton who was walking besides me. 

His mother left him, with a abusive father and he had  no one to treat his broken arm. Never had I thought that you could be so cruel God! He had no one! No one at all.

I couldn't help but contrast how different my life was from his. I had ever considered my life perfect, yes sure I had amazing parents, but with me and my awkwardness, my life could never be perfect. When people looked into magazines, and saw the smiling faces for Hamilton, they wished they had his life, hell yeah, I would have wished so too, but today, today my life seems so much more perfect that his.

"We are here." His manly voice shattered the quietness around us.

 "Huh?... Where?" I had been lost in my thoughts for innumerable minutes now, and had no idea about what he was talking about. Somewhere between the awkward silences and deep thoughts I realised we had moved away from the main road and started to travel inside the forest.

 Was he lost in thoughts like me? Did he not see we were taking the wrong way?

 "The place we are going to be resting for until we get someone to get us." He said pointing towards extreme right. All I could see were a couple of trees, I tried tip-toeing but it was of no use. What was he talking about?

"What are you talking about? I can't see anything"

"Ha, I forgot how short you were" He chuckled.

 Wow, he actually chuckled, Mr. Nathan Hamilton chuckled. I felt a small proud smile creeping up my lips, as I looked at him admiring his strength to live through all this.

 I hated him, hated him for what he did to me, but I had such a powerful urge to mend him, to put his pieces back together and make him whole again. I wanted to make him believe that there is good in this world.

And then I realized, I was called short!

"How dare you! How dare you call me short?" I shouted at him, attempting to push him playfully.

He looked at me with a glare, and I flinched within a bit worried I had crossed my boundaries. Slowly, he came walking towards me closing the space.