Chapter 19 - Mattresses that Matter

*******************************************************************************************

Chapter 19 – Mattresses that Matter

“But mom!” I exclaimed horrifically, “there is not enough space for both us there! Just give him the couch!”

Right, my mother had officially lost it. She wanted Hamilton and me to share the same room all night! Okay, yeah I share his room with him, I know, but that is a different thing. His mega size room and his Californian sized bed is a lot different from my small single bedroom. I literally have nothing in my room except a small study table and a single bed. No sofa’s or space to place another bed. My room might be small but it is the best one I have. And I couldn’t have missed it anymore than right now.

Sleeping in my bed, on that hard mattress, Home Sweet Home. Almost another lift time ago, I remember myself craving over the strangers mattress in London. Where I had hoped to sleep in one of those things someday, some time. Today I can safely say that was the worst mistake of my life.

No, I was happy with my bed, and my mattress. But after such a long separation with everything in my room, I was not ready to make memorable reunion with a six and a half feet oaf next to me.

“He is your husband Rose, behave yourself” she hushed me. Oh lord, now the husband card.

How was I supposed to explain to my mother that this man was not my husband. He might be all high and mighty with his billion-dollar company, but he is not winning the position of my husband ever.

But I guess this was one thing I could never tell my mother or papa. It broke my heart; it really did because all my life my parents had been my support. I was always under them. I was dependent for every small thing on my parents. I was a daddy’s princess, I was Mumma’s best friend and yet here I was hiding the biggest thing in my life from them.

I know that if my papa ever comes to know about this, even a small part of this, he would hunt Hamilton down. But I was not sure who would win that find. After what happened the night before, I could not trust Hamilton anymore. And he had himself threatened my family before.

No Rose, you can’t drag them into this mess.

“Darling what is the matter?” my mothers voice cooed me back to reality. Did she sense something was wrong? Could she see the commotion in my eyes? No, there is no way she could.

“Nothing Mom, I am just wondering how I would fit with that oaf on my bed” and just as I said it, my hands slapped over my mouth. Great way to hide the truth Rose, my inner voice scolded.

But the boisterous laugh of my mother calmed me down. Sheshh! She didn’t figure out anything!

“Did you just call your husband an oaf?” she spurted between her laughs. And then suddenly pinched my arm.