Chapter 20: Hell Breaks Loose

"Oh God, Bethany!" I gasp, looking down at her bleeding and a pale body.

She peers up at me, nothing but the desperation in her sad brown eyes. "Please, Maria... help me..." she groans, looking down at the pool of blood between her legs.

Nodding hurriedly, I bend over and help her up off of the ground and begin guiding her into the house and towards the living room.

As we slowly move towards the living room, I begin to feel cramping on my lower stomach.

"It's just Braxton Hicks.. It's just Braxton Hicks." I whisper to myself, trying not to worry Bethany anymore.

Bethany groans in pain the whole entire way there, clinging to her lower stomach and tears flowing down her cheeks. And oh god.. there's so much blood by the time we reached the living room.

I put her down on the big leather couch and sit down on the coffee table in front of her, sighing deeply.

She screams loudly again holding her stomach and more blood runs down her legs.

Then in perfect timing, the maid runs in all panicked.

"What's going on? Is everything alright?" She asks, eyeing us in suspicion. She gasps out in horror when her gaze meets Bethany's distressed body.

I peer up from the bloody mess Bethany is currently in. "G-go get some uh... blankets- we need blankets and some water too!" I order, obviously not knowing what to do, to the maid and she rushed off.

"Where's Luke!? I need Luke!" Bethany screams as another contraction hits her.

My heart drops a little and I automatically know that this is his baby.

"We-we'll get him for you soon," I nervously mutter to her as I start to make room for a bed on the floor for her with all sorts of throw blankets and pillows in the living room.

In no time, the maid, Kate, comes back with everything I need.

"Alright.." I gasp sweating, "I need you to make the of the bed on the floor and we'll move her down there."

The maid nods and begins making the bed as quickly as possible with her shaky hands.

I pull myself up off the ground. "It's going to be okay Bethany.." I reassure and walk over to an extra bucket of water.

As I scrub my hands clean, I heard Luke enter the room with a loud:

"What the hells going on here!?" He yells looking around at the mess and blood spilling on to the couch.

I roll my eyes because it's quite obvious what's going on. "An emergency birth, dimwit." I spit as I continue to scrub my hands frantically. "Good thing you came, your baby mommas about to give birth on your living room floor. Hope you're ready."

I dry my hands and take a deep breath, moving towards Bethany.

"Alright, you two move her to the bed. Kate, I need her stripped from the lower abdomen to the feet, put her in a gown if you need." I tell Luke and Kate, the maid. They do as told without hesitation and get her to the bed quickly.

"It's okay... you're doing the right thing, it's okay. She and the baby will die if you don't do this, then you will die because you will of killed your husbands hookup and child." I tell myself in my head.

"God that sounds awful.. I shouldn't say that."

I looked up and see Luke, again.

"She's ready.. should I call him?" He asks, glancing down worriedly at Bethany who seems to be having another contraction.