Chapter 13: "You like what you see?"

Maria's POV

The shock of those few words has my body completely frozen in place. I reach down and touch my belly, now feeling the obvious weight gain.

I stare at the redhead doctor, with my jaw dropped.

"Oh god...." I gasp covering my mouth with my hand. I lean back in bed. "oh god no..."

Tears started to form in my eyes and I brought my knees to my chest. How could I have let this happen? Why did I have to give into temptation and spread my legs for that son-of-a-bitch.

I feel a hand reach out and brush against my skin. "Maria.. are you alright?" Luke asked putting a hand on my shoulder.

I look over to him then, back to dr. Montgomery who's now talking. "Maria, I need you to lay down so we can check on your ba-,"

Before she could finish the word, "baby" I get out of bed and bolt down that hall in a matter of seconds.

If there was one thing I was good at, it was running. So that's what I do.

I run out of the double doors of the hospital wing then straight down the hall, going as fast as I could back to the mansion- as fast as my deprived, now pregnant body could handle. Surprisingly, it's a lot.

Within minutes, I finally reach a door that lead outside so, I took it. I push the heavy double doors open with all my weight and stumble outside, gasping in the cold winter air, struggling to breathe. I just need to breathe.

The doors open again.

"Maria! What the he-." He instantly stops and looks down at me with only pity in his eyes. "Are you alright?"

I ran my hands through my hair, "no, no I am not alright." I say as I start to wheeze again.

"Maria!" he grasps my arms gently, forcing me to face him. "Calm. Down."

"I- I just can't do it.. I can't believe this happened.. how the hell am I going to be a MOTHER at 18 and I've never taken care of a kid before!?"

Luke pulls me into him, not even giving me that chance to back away from his hold on me. The aroma of him is all it really takes for me to take that deep, calm-collecting breath and immediately calm down.

I wrap my arms around him and bury my head in his chest taking, in more of his scent.

He holds me tight against him as he gently strokes my hair and soothes me with the few, gentle words of, "just let me hold you and everything will be alright."

After a few minutes, he speaks up but continues to keep an arm securely around me. "Let's go inside," putting his hand on the small of my back and leads me in.

When we go inside, Luke began to walk me down the hall into the kitchen where he sits me down at.

He went into the kitchen and grabbed a banana, and some cereal, because that's all he's capable of making.

"Eat" he orders, putting the items down in front of me.

He takes a seat beside me as I picked up the spoon and began to scoop it into my mouth. "I'm going to hire a maid and chef so you don't have to do any heavy lifting. I want this baby born healthy."

Oh so all that crying and holding me and worrying was for nothing? Bet if I had just pasted out from starvation and dehydration (which was bound to happen sooner or later) I would've just been sent right back out to clean after I woke up.

Fucking prick.

I stop eating and set the spoon the down and stare him dead in the eyes. "I know this baby is all important to you and shit like that, but has it occurred to you that it's my baby too, and my body? I get that you don't want me overworked and tired, but, I've already been doing this for TWO FUCKING MONTHS, not knowing I was pregnant the whole time. All I was to you was your little slut. So, don't you dare think any fucking less of me now that I'm pregnant with your child, I exclaim and get up from my seat. I'll eat later, once I get him far away from me.