Chapter Thirty-one

Mufeedah's POV

I sighed staring at Shot as he drew in another cigarette. It was beginning to become sickening. I sat with sweaty palms watching him just smoke. I had nothing but to explain Juan's condition to him. I don't know but I think I have a crush on Juan.

"You can say what you wanna say". He blew out a cloud of weed.

I sighed knowing this man can read me open like a book. "I need to talk to you about jaguar". I paused waiting to see his reaction.

Instead his eyes glistened as he clenched his jaw, with his body position unchanged. He looked so calm which made me feel tense. Few days ago I overheard him on a phone call discussing on the whereabouts of Juan. I felt like he should have asked me instead because I was the one who brought him. So he's making feel so damn tense.

"I-i.... He.. I mean I....". I took a deep breath and wondered how I got hooked up with this man. How I fell in love with him for all these years. "He messed up the shipment with Gonzalez". Phew Mufeedah you finally got it out.

He smashed his cigarette butt in an ash tray and lit up another one. He looked deep into my eyeballs and I tried to compose myself, not to look tense. "And?". He said finally.
I twisted my fingers and looked back at him.

"And he wants to make it up. He wants another deal. He won't mess it up". I was starting to feel hot. Shot could get Juan killed with the blink of an eye. He never misses his target. That's why he's called shot.

He let out a chuckle "Is that why you looking all tense?. Common pretty eyes things like this shouldn't bother you. I got this under control". His soothing voice always scared me. That was a huge deal and shot never gives second chances, he never likes mistakes and here he was laughing at this?. I fear for Juan.

"Really?. How?". I asked flashing a smile. I really wanted to know what he's planning now. He stood up and walked towards me with the aid of his stick.

He chuckled softly "Don't worry pretty eyes". He caressed my cheeck and disgust flowed through me.
"Like I said. I have things under control". He spun and walked away in that same manner. Confidence, danger, chaos. I sighed, maybe talking to him was a wrong idea. I needed air so I walked out too.

After staying in the balcony for almost an hour, I called Juan.
"You busy?". I tried to be as quiet as possible

"OK. I'll be there". I left the house quietly but without being interrogated by the men at the front. They insisted to follow me cause shots orders were never to let me go out on my own. He said it was for protection but I knew he did it to keep an eye on me. I had to lie that I wasnt going far. After much argument I got into my car and drove off.

*time skip*

"You still haven't told me why you agreed to come here". Juan ate silently. We both wore sunglasses and kept our heads down. I guess we Both were running away from someone.

"It's shot. I discussed with him". Juans body went rigid.

"And? ". He asked.

"He said he'll forgive you and let you handle another deal". I poked at my fries.

"Isn't that way too easy? ". He sipped his water.

"Exactly. Same thing I thought". I glanced around again to make sure we weren't watched.

He placed his hands on mine making me blush and he smiled "Come with me. Let's leave all this shit behind". He rubbed my hands in circles which made my tummy go in rollercoaster.

I sucked in my breath "It's not that easy". I gulped.

He withdrew his hand as if he were burnt. "We could own our own cartel. We just ditch shot and run off to Mexico" . I looked at him suddenly loosing my appetite. Shot could reach us even in the deepest seas, pots, or holes.

"I don't know..". I let my guard down. I always let my guard down.

Juan's face held regret and anger. "we'll go then". I blurted out. He broke out a beautiful smile. He took my hands and pecked my knuckles.

"We will feed. We will". My belly fluttered with happiness. Feed-- muFEEDa. I liked that.

"But I've got unfinished business here". He went back to his food.

"we've got unfinished business". I dropped my cutlery. "How about shot? We just can't run away with his money". I wisphered.

Juan used his thumb to rub his chin "Then you'll kill him" . He looked serious now. Wawu... Kill shot?. WTH?

"Kill shot?. Are you crazy? ". I asked.

"Why do you seem like you love that man? ". Juan was bitter.

"I don't ...".

"Yes you do. Why are you scared. Weren't you trained for this? ". He was starting to get angry.

"yes then ILL KILL SHOT". I breathed through my mouth cause my nose became too small for me.

A wide grin spread across his face and I did the same.

Zoeya's POV.

"You'll see that he'll call back. Just be patient". I started walking out of the hospital building. Greta was anxious cause her dad didn't call her since yesterday even though she given him countless texts.

"I hope so Zoe. I just hope so. You know he's not very strong and all. I hope has okay". She sighed as she leaned on my car while i fished for my keys in my bag.

Eem's school bus will pick her up and drop her at madam Serena's. Since I started working overtime she spends the day there till I'm back then we'll go over to the house.

I feel bad for not able to spend enough time with her. I Want to be a better mother for her since I didn't have one myself.

"Where the hell did I keep that key". I proceeded to the boot where I poured out the contents in my bag.

"I should be on my way now". Greta said as she started leaving.

"Yeah yeah. Come back if you change your mind". I was still looking for that key

I bent to the floor checking if it fell under when I turned the things out. Then I heard footsteps approaching.

"Greta. You came back aye"?. I asked in an accent which made me giggle.

But she didn't giggle back. I stopped slowly bringing myself up. Heavy breaths were heard and then that familiar scent eluded the environment.

I turned to face my worst fears. It was him oh God. I was about to say something before he punched me and then I fell into darkness.

****************

Hey
Bye 👋 👋