"Yeah, he's in my lab group. He pretty cool," Desi says and I look up this time to follow their eyes. I smile when I notice Brett being escorted by a waiter with an older woman and man who I assume are his parents.

But he didn't quite look like them.

Standing up, I awkwardly head up to him before he was gone and tapped his shoulder. He spins around looking around before noticing me and looking down.

"Hey you," he takes a step forward.

"You're here by yourself?" I tilt my head and he chuckles, stuffing his hands in his front pockets.

"Let me guess, you saw me with a man and woman who didn't look quite like me?" He raised a brow and I go speechless. I open my mouth but he interrupts.

"It's okay. Everyone wonders. Yes, they are my parents, yes they're black and yes, I am adopted. People usually find out when we're seen in public, it's no biggie," he shrugs and I nod in understanding.

"I didn't..."

"You would've known eventually. My dad likes watching the school teams play, so you would've met them soon," he shakes his head, glancing back at the man and woman at a both not too far. I smile as the man teases his wife with a breadstick, her trying to get away.

"Your dad seems fun," I laugh when the bread hits her nose and she opens her mouth in shock, her husband throwing his head back in distant laughter. But his laughter didn't last long when she tore a piece and stuffed it in his nostril. Brett rolls his eyes playfully.

"They're weird people so be aware."

"I like them already."

"Mm, not surprised. Everyone falls in love with them."

"Well, should let you get back to them, your waiter just arrived. See you after maybe?" He goes to speak but does a double take a something behind me.

He went breathless and I frown, turning to see him looking at our table. "What's wrong?" Blinking away,
he clears his throat, getting nervous all of a sudden.

"N-Nothing. Yeah, see you after," I watch him stumble back before turning to go to his table. I question what just happened in my head and turn to head back.

¡!

Softly, my bedroom door shuts followed by a lock and I suck in a breath already wet between my legs. My feet rub together nervously, my hands locked behind my back. Damon turns around to face me, taking me in.

"I'm proud of you, baby," he stands in front of me now, lifting a hand to cup my cheek. "You didn't fold."

"It wasn't easy," I whisper, slowly meeting his eyes.

"I know," he rubs my cheek with his thumb.

"I asked her if she was hurting. Nothing. She said she felt nothing. I don't believe that," he leans his forehead against mine, turning us around, leading my back to the door. "Hm," he says before claiming my lips since this morning. I fell in love with the way he kissed me.

"No one's home..." I go breathless as he lifts me against the door, my legs wrapping around his torso. "So you know what that means?" His smile turns mischief.