2 ... new guy

❝ 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗲'𝗹𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗲,
𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀. ❞

my bestfriend's
boyfriend
2

By fifth period, I was relieved that the day was coming to a near end. The entire day, I had to watch people get asked to pre-homecoming by their boyfriends or crushes. I didn't see the big deal, honestly, but at Savanna Vally everything is.

Silently, I headed down the quiet and empty hallway, stopping by my locker. I threw my science textbook in before closing it shut, making sure it's locked.

The last time I forgot to shut my locker all the way, Joslin and her friends spray painted the inside and wrote the word bitch on the outside. All of my books and loose work or any other accessories I had stored inside at the time were completely ruined, but luckily Scarlet caught me up on all of the notes and homework since all of mine got ruined.

That was my main focus because although her prank hurt me a little, I was more worried about my stuff.

Using the camera on my phone, I checked the scar on my chin caused by Joslin this morning. It was covered by a bandaid, but it still stung once in a while. I ran my finger lightly across the fabric.

It didn't hurt much if I touched it unless I pressed down or hit it accidentally. I exhaled a slow breath and stuffed my phone away, continuing my journey to my least favorite period. Lunch. The cafeteria.

I hated sitting in there. The loud students throwing food, shoving, and pushing each other just to get in line is the worst. The library is where I love to enjoy my lunchtime. Damon and Harley constantly made fun of me for spending my time in the library.

That was typical of them. Sometimes I wished I could tell them both to go and fuck themselves.

But since I always sit with Scarlet, I rarely sit in the library anymore. She insisted that we keep on eating in the cafeteria because it's good for my anxiety...?

I didn't understand how being in a room full of a bunch of hormonal asshole teenagers would help me with social anxiety problems. She's just lucky I love her enough to even agree to that awful request.

My journey continued, but I froze when the sudden urge to use the bathroom surged through me. I panicked, my mind falling onto Joslin and her warning this morning. Sure she couldn't possibly, somehow be in the bathroom at the right time...

But I wasn't going to take that chance. I could wait until I got home, no problem. It's just a few more hours. No biggie. Great. A human being has stopped me from using the restrooms. My feet continued to carry me down the hall as I tried my best to avoid any and all thoughts that had to do with liquid.

Just as I was beginning to turn the corner of a hall, something huge blocked my frame which caused me to stumble back and nearly tumble to my death.

But Before I could even hit the ground, arms swooped around my waist preventing me from nearly killing my self which probably wouldn't be such bad thing. My eyes shut tight, arms cramped into my chest. I was still a bit frightened, still waiting for impact. "I'm so sorry, please don't drop me!"

Air regained in my lungs as my body was lifted up. "You can open your eyes now," the male voice informed, cutting through the awkward silence.

I snapped them open and met with an unfamiliar face. The brown-eyed guy standing before me held my gaze as I checked out his appearance, trying to not make it obvious. But even I failed at checking someone out. He watched me check him out.