12 ... betrayal

my bestfriend's
boyfriend
12

Staring at the newfound message from the unknown number reminding me that I'll never be worth anything, I let some tears fall onto the screen.
Scrolling up, I pause on an old message from a week ago. 'worthless whore'.

Slamming my phone face down on the bed, I cover my face with my hands and cry into them. I wasn't crying because of the constant messages, I was used to those by now. I'm crying because it's true. It's finally true.

I don't know when I fell asleep last night but I was awoken by my brother telling me I had an hour to get ready for school. I immediately remembered last night and couldn't tell if it were one of those realistic dreams or not. The moment I tried to get out of bed, I nearly fell to the floor and that's when I got my answer.

It wasn't a dream. It was real.

My flower fluffy blanket was changed to my plain blue and grey one and I wasn't in the dress anymore. Just a t-shirt with my hair wrapped into a ponytail. It was all Damon, his obsession with my hair being out of my face. What made all of this worse was the marks on my inner thighs. They didn't hurt but my core sure did.

An hour passed and all I could do to get ready was shower which was now the hardest thing to do.

I've been sitting in bed with a towel on.

The dress was back in its place in the closet but I couldn't even look at it. How will I ever be able to wear
it now? If I wear it, I'll just feel ashamed and naughty.

Maybe that's what Damon wanted out of me and now he's finally got it. I guarantee he won't even spare me a glance this morning and that'll just make me feel used.

I couldn't even cry at the thought anymore as I'd been crying since I woke up. The damage has already been done. Permanent for the rest of our lives.

"Mimmy," I snap from my thoughts and tense when I turn to see Damon. I bring the towel tighter to my chest. "W-What are you doing here?" He was fully clothed for school. "Good morning to you too," he chuckles and comes to stand in front of me.

I blink up at him.

"It's not a very good morning," I whisper and look down. Damon puts his finger underneath my chin, tilting my head back up. He runs his fingers through my hair.

I breathe shakily when he fists my strands into a ponytail again but this time not in a sexual manner.

"Ponytails are beautiful on you," he drops my hair.

"Can I check?" His hands were on my thighs waiting for permission to spread them open. I gulp and shake my head. "Are you crazy? You shouldn't even be here."

He stares off into a space for a few seconds before looking up at me from his crouched position in front
of me. "You regret it?"

No. "Yes."

Nodding his head, he stands back up to his height.

"I didn't," he says before kissing my forehead and leaving my bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

I stare at the closed door, blinking tears down my face.