8 ... safe haven

❝ 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗶𝘀
𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹. ❞

my bestfriend's
boyfriend
8

I paced around my room anxiously, biting down on my finger nails but not too hard. I felt the anxiety in my heart. Figuratively, my heart was in a different part of my body but not in it's rightful place in my chest.

It sounded ridiculous but my anxiety was going off the charts. I did a good job at hiding the worst part, but anyone with eyes could see that I was nervous.

Brett was on his way over thanks for Scarlet and there was no way I could let him down without sounding rude. I wasn't used to letting people down. I was usually the one getting let down instead.

This wasn't easy.

My eyes would perk up every time I heard a slight
noise from outside my door, scared that he was here.

"Would you chill? Before you have a full on attack?" Scarlet shook her head at me while searching through my clothes. I didn't know what for, I wasn't getting dolled up just for some guy I barely even knew.

It was different if it was a date but let's face it, like I
had a chance with someone like Brett. He was pretty.

And I still didn't trust him.

"I'm not getting dolled up. I'm fine like this."

She spun around and looked me up and down.

"You're in pajamas, babe."

"I'm in my comfort zone." I corrected and got back in bed, rubbing my palms up and down my thighs.

"Honey a guy is coming over."

"Which you put me through! So what?"

She rolled her eyes and slammed my closet door shut, coming to plop next to me. "I'm sorry okay? But I just wanted you to have some fun for once. Get to know him, he's nice. Do it for... me maybe? It'll make me happy."

"And-AND if you do it, maybe it'll make you happy."

"Scar..." She folded her hands in a pleasing manner, pouting her lips. My hands ran through my hair stressfully until I finally gave in and nodded slowly.

"Fine... BUT!" She squealed. "... I'm not getting dolled up. Im fine wearing this. I do not care at all."

She sucked her teeth and deflated her shoulders.

"Okay..." then she grinned and wrapped an arm around mine. "A guy is coming over for you!" She was the most ecstatic about this situation and I rolled my eyes just as the doorbell rang. I froze while Scarlett jumped up.

"He's here! Let's go!" She grasped my arm, pulling me up and out my room. I pulled back and patted my hair down nervously. I fixed my clothes and checked my breath. Well I didn't want him to think I'm dirty.

"There's some guy downstairs for you. That's the first," My sister came up the stairs and scoffed at the end of her sentence. I made a face at her which she made back and began heading to her room. "Later. Wait!"