6 ... smile

❝ 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼
𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴.❞

my bestfriend's
boyfriend
6

My stare studied the image I saw in front of the mirror, contemplating the disappointment I saw. Running faucet water echoed throughout the empty restroom. It cast out the whines of how sick I was. Dry tears stain my eyelids and I scooped up some water, splashing it against my face.

The thumping sound of footsteps and inaudible voices began filling the hallways followed by the end of the day bell. The nausea I felt from earlier eased a bit but I wasn't too sure. I had been sitting in the janitor's closet for two hours before gathering myself and deciding to hide out in the bathroom for the rest of the day.

I've received many texts and phone calls from everyone so I set my phone to silent, not wanting to deal with them right now. But I still wasn't able to take my mind off of how would I hide.

The top half of my clothes were damped and dry and my hair was just damped. Deciding to hide out in here until the day ended, I tried my best to rinse out my hair hoping it wouldn't cause any damage.

I switched the sink off and balled my fist, groaning in frustration. I wanted to break something and scream badly to the top of my lungs at the universe so it could know and feel just how angry I am at it.

All my life the universe has had this boiling hatred for me and for reasons I wish I knew myself.

"Hermione, are you in here?!"

I panicked at the sound of Scarlet's voice and grabbed my bag, hiding inside a bathroom stall.

I locked it just as the bathroom doors opened.

Please go away... I love you Scar, but please.

I heard her sigh and peeked through the corners of the door. She ran her hands through her hair and typed on her phone before sitting it to her ear.

"She's not here either... It's not like her to not go to class... no don't call your mom, it's the last thing she'd probably want... yeah, okay I'll try again."

My bottom lip slipped in between my teeth uncontrollably as Scarlet hung up the phone.

Starting to feel guilty here...

A knock on the bathroom broke the silence.

"Is it safe to come in?" The voice sounded like Damon. When Scarlet confirmed there was no one else here, he walked in. "Still no sign of her?"

"Nope..."

"Maybe she skipped and went home, a lot of people are doing that now," he suggested and shrugged.

"But why? It's so unlike her and she
would've answered our texts by now."

"We'll figure it out," Damon assured her, rubbing her arms soothingly. "It's just so unlike her, Day..."

"I know. Come on, we should go."

I watched them leave, my heart thumping against my ears. I didn't think they were looking for me... but I guess I should've known. But they shouldn't be looking for me. I need a babysitter who's always wondering where I am all the time.