15 ... craving

my bestfriend's
boyfriend
15

"Damon seemed oddly happy today," Desi points out and I tense, all of us looking at Scarlet. She scoffs and tossed her fries on her tray. "I could give two fucks."

"Ouch," Clover sits beside me with a new cup of soda. "What'd miss?" She leans back in her seat, tossing her leg on Desi's lap which she shoved off and flicks her.

"You think he's moved on? I mean he was hella happy today at school for someone who just got out of a relationship," I remain calm but I could hear my heart thumping against my ears. I look at Scarlet and she sighs which makes me want to throw up.

"You know what? I don't care who he goes around and fucks, he's not mine anymore. Frankly, I don't think I ever was," she mumbles the last part of her sentence and I feel my eyes brick with tears until I feel her hand touch my shoulder. I flinched a bit but played it off.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you want was going on. I just didn't want to talk about it or make you feel awkward because I know he used to be a friend to you. But hey, we can hate him together now," she smiles with pressed lips and I stammer on my words like a broken record. "N-No it's okay I-um-I..."

Closing my mouth, I look down at my trembling hands underneath the table. "I-I have you use the bathroom," I excuse myself out of my seat and rush to the restaurant's bathroom. I pace the room and shake out my hands. Anxiety attack, anxiety attack.

I clench my tight chest and lean against the sink.

"S-Stop making yourself obvious," I whisper to myself and turn the sink on to splash water on my face.

"You have to stay strong baby," I gasp at the voice beside me and I lean up, Damon staring at me through the mirror. My lip trembles and he brushes my hair to the other side of my shoulder. "I-I can't! I-I feel sick!"

He kissed my exposed shoulder, holding my chin up high. "I didn't say this would be easy. You'll feel like this for a while," He says against my ear and I whine.

"She's hurting."

"No she's not," he says quickly after, glaring at me softly through the mirror. "Trust me," his lips brush my ear and I lean my body against his chest. He smiles, wrapping his arm around my stomach. "You calmed me down," I mumble, watching him caress my skin.

"I'll always be here to do so, baby," I take a deep breath and close my eyes. "Promise?" I felt a kiss on the side of my throat. "Promise," he whispers making me relax.

"I love you..." I bite my lip and squint my eye open to see his reaction. But he was gone and I sigh and splash more water on my face. My imagination was too active.

"You okay quiet-bird?" I smile softly at Clover's caring manner and sit back in my seat. I nod. "I'm fine."

"What happened?" I hesitantly look at Scarlet and smile. "Had too much soda," I wave my cup a little and clear my throat, turning to face front. "Are you...hurt?"

I glance back at her. "By the breakup?"

"I don't feel anything," I frown and she sees my expression before clearing her throat. "Not now."

"I think it's still sinking in."

I nod and turn to think for a moment before Clover speaks up. "It's not that that recent new guy?"