"It just... feels weird." You shrugged. "Thanks though, you look good too."

"Thanks-"

"Hey! Y/N! Madison." Both of you came to a stop, turning around to see Finn, quarterback of the school's team heading over. "I heard you both made the team, congratulations." What gave it away? The costumes? Resisting the urge to roll your eyes, you plastered a smile on your face.

"Thanks Finn." Maddie grinned, meeting him in the middle with a weird handshake. "Have you met Y/N yet?"

"No, I haven't had the pleasure. I'm Finn."

"I'm Y/N."

"It's nice to meet you. I've heard plenty about you. It's great to finally put a face to the name."

"Yeah, you too."

"We should get going, we're meeting my parents for dinner." Maddie interrupted, already moving to walk away.

"Oh yeah, of course. Tell them hey from me. And Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Maybe we could go out sometime? Give me a chance to get to know you like Maddie does?" Well, this was unexpected...

"I- Um..."

"How about you get Maddie to give you my number and you can let me know your answer tonight?" He laughed at your stuttering and you simply nodded, not being able to form words. "I gotta get back to training. I hope I'll see you around."

"You will." You told him, almost smacking yourself when you saw his grin double and just knew he'd think that was basically a yes to the date invitation. God damn it, Y/N.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" You were really getting sick of this girl's high pitched cries.

"What now?"

"Finn just asked you out! Freakin' FINN! Do you know how many girls want him? Like every single one in the school!"

"That's... weird."

"Stop acting cool. You couldn't even reply back there."

"That's not for the reason you think Maddie."

"Yeah, right. Finn and Y/N sitting in a tree-"

"Maddie, enough." Groaning at her constant singing, you concentrated on driving out of the empty school car park and headed to her gated neighbourhood on the wealthy part of town.

"K I S S I N G!"

"Stop it."

"Should I go ahead and put his number in your phone?"

"NO" You basically barked but she had already swiped your phone from the compartment under the radio and was typing in the numbers. "MADDIE! Seriously, stop."

"I'll go ahead and tell him yes too." She teased. "Maybe you could go this weekend!"

"MADDIE, DO YOU WANT ME TO CRASH? Put the fucking phone down, for god sake." Your words came out a lot harsher than intended but she was taking this too far.

"Alright, chill."

"Just put my phone down."

"Maybe you should go with him. Get laid and relax-"

"Pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about."

"Like you do..."

"I do." You shrugged, attempting to turn the radio up to signal her to shut up but she simply turned it back down again, staring at your side profile.