Cheerleaders

- Demi is 22 -
- Maddie and Y/N are 18 -

-

Moving to a new area wasn't something you particularly wanted but you guess you could say you got used too.

You had made quite a few new friends and the school you attended was pretty cool. There was no social hierarchy or no gang rivalry or none of the types of things you see in movies, fortunately. However, Maddie was the best friend you had met, she was assigned to show you around on the first day you arrived at the school and she'd stuck by you since then. Which leads you to this exact moment...

"Oh my god Y/N! I MADE IT! I MADE THE TEAM!" She squealed, diving into your arms for a hug as you simply laughed, holding her just as tight.

"Yes! I'm so happy for you!"

"Finally!" She sighed into your arms before pulling away and turning back to the notice board. "Oh my god Y/N!"

"Huh?" Not paying much attention as you scrolled through your phone, checking Instagram and liking the odd few posts, you felt her grab your arms and pull you into another hug.

"YOU MADE IT TOO! It's official!" She squealed, jumping up and down. "We're cheerleaders..."

Oh crap...

-

"Ok! Thanks Mom! I'm so excited! Y/N made it too! Yeah! I'll tell her, ok. Ok, bye!" Half of you was listening to Maddie's high pitch screams down the phone, while the other was quickly trying to think of a way out of this.

You'd just returned from your first cheerleader meeting with the others and it had been as bad as you expected. Maddie had dragged you along to auditions, repeatedly telling you it'd be a good way to meet new people and reluctantly as you didn't want to disappoint, you had auditioned. Head cheerleader Olivia had even said you impressed her the most and she'd love to see what else you could do, which you knew she was referring to your flexibility. Your mom forcing you to do four years of gymnastics had clearly paid off.

In all honesty, you knew you wouldn't quit the team. You were too scared to disappoint or let people down so you'd stay on there at least until the year is up. But now you had to find a way to juggle cheer rehearsals and volleyball training and that wouldn't be easy.

"So, I just got off the phone to my mom and she wants to take us out, her treat."

"Me?"

"Yeah. My sisters back for a few weeks, she's on a break from work so my mom wants to go for a family meal to celebrate."

"So, why am I going?"

"Well, I may have told her the situation with your parents." That situation being they never have time for me because work, work, work. "And my dad wants to meet you! We always hang out at your place-"

"Because it's always empty."

"Which isn't a good thing Y/N." Maddie argued. "Come on, you've met Dallas and my mom and they'll be there. My dad really wants to meet you." Dianna and Dallas were really so sweet but the whole De La Garza/Lovato clan at once?

"Fine." You caved, with a sigh. "We'll pick up our costumes then I'll drive us back to yours."

Before we left school, we had to pick up our cheer costumes and the team had made us try them on and take a few pictures, which was the most cringeworthy ten minutes of your life.

"I can't believe you made me keep this thing on!" You grumbled, heading out of school and towards the carpark with Maddie in tow.

"Why? You look so good in it. Your figure is to die for."