Jealousy.

Demi had accepted an invitation on the behalf of the both of you to attend some fancy Hollywood party. You always felt out of your element here. You had made a name for yourself and for the majority of the time, the people were friendly but you couldn't help feeling like you didn't belong sometime. Like you were some spare part they'd only took interest in because of your girlfriend, Demi.

However, with a little of persuasion from your girlfriend, you had arrived at this party and she'd been whisked off somewhere before you could even get a drink together.

"I guess it's time for a drink." You spoke to yourself, greeting a few familiar faces on the way and stopping for a quick chat before reaching the bar.

"Good evening ma'am. What can I get you?"

"Umm, your strongest cocktail." You said, with a laugh at yourself as he smirked and nodded.

"I totally feel you." A voice spoke next to you and you turned to see a familiar face stood alone at the bar.

"Excuse me?" You smiled, although your eyebrows were knitted together in confusion.

"It's definitely a strongest cocktail kind of night." She smiled at you, lifting her drink in a cheer motion.

"Yeah, I'm gonna need it." You say, thanking the bar man when he returns with your drink. You take a sip and immediately feel the alcohol burn your throat. "Wow."

"Good?"

"Strong." You cough, making her giggle.

"Y/N, right? I'm Veronica, we met a few month ago at the VMA's?"

"Yeah, I remember you Veronica." You smile, taking the seat next to her that she gestures you too.

"Call me Ronnie. You don't feel comfortable at these things either?"

"Yeah, I mean- they're ok. I just feel a little out of place."

"Rich people boasting about being rich. I get it." She bluntly shrugs, making you laugh. She was right. "Did you come alone?"

"No, I came with my girlfriend but someone whisked her away."

"Oh, Demi, right?"

"Yeah." You smile, not being able to read the look on her face.

"Well, if she's got people to talk to and people to impress then how about I keep you company for a while? We can bet which man has the biggest ego."

"Sure." With a laugh, you accept her invitation as she orders you both another round of drinks.

Maybe tonight won't be so bad.

-

It was around half an hour later and there was still no sign of Demi. You and Ronnie were both on your third cocktail of the evenings and were both in hysterics at man nearby, bragging about his car.

"Did he seriously just describe it like that? It sounds like he was talking about a lover, not a vehicle." Ronnie splutters, wiping her tears of laughter.

"I can't believe that."

"I can, they're all the same in here." You just shrug, you hadn't even gave anyone the chance anyway. "Anyway, can you see Demi anywhere?"

"No." You sigh. You had been scanning the crowds since she left you but you hadn't seen any sight of her.

"Does she know you don't like these things?"

"Oh, yeah. It took some convincing to get me here."

"And she just left you?"

"It's not like that. She just- her management are obsessed with work opportunities constantly. We could be at- I don't know? Somewhere stupid like McDonald's and they'll whisk her away for something." You don't know why you're telling her this, you barely know the woman. Oh well, blame it on the alcohol.