Sis Really Does Not Have a Kind Heart

What four-year-old child, this was clearly just a special kind of dwarf, whose face also happened to stop growing along with his body.

An extremely penetrating look came from Feng Yu Heng, as she examined the dwarf's face. The dwarf was smart and immediately pulled their arm back, hugging Yao shi's neck. He even copied what a child would say and shouted: "Elder sister is very scary. I want mommy." Saying this, tears began to flow.

Yao shi quickly embraced him and gently scolded Feng Yu Heng: "Don't scare him. This child's father and mother were both killed by criminals. We cannot leave him alone and ignore him."

Feng Yu Heng was worried about this and helplessly said to Yao shi: "Saving him was already just enough. Could it be that mother wishes to take him in and raise him?"

"That's not impossible!" Yao shi's eyes carried a bit of expectation, "To have been found by us is also a kind of fate. A-Heng, you cannot always be so hard-hearted."

Feng Yu Heng frowned and looked at Yao shi. Speaking truthfully, at the very moment, she felt very sorrowful. Ever since returning to the Feng manor, she did her best to struggle against the Feng family to protect her mother and younger brother. Even Yao shi's divorce was the result of her asking for the Emperor's grace. As a result, her mother viewed her as having a ferocious heart.

She was unwilling to accept it and said: "If my heart is not ferocious, we would have been eaten by the Feng manor long ago!"

Yao shi realized that she had been too harsh and felt regretful. But Feng Yu Heng had already directed Wang Chuan to take away the child in her embrace. The child's screams entered her ears. They were absolutely heartbreaking, as they broke her heart.

She did not care for Feng Yu Heng's feeling and simply stood up, roughly saying: "I absolutely must bring this child back. If you felt that this child living in the county princess' manor is improper, I can bring him to live in an inn. When you have finished your business, I will bring him along to Xiao Zhou."

"Madam!" Wang Chuan could not bear to continue listening, "The county princess' manor is also your home."

"But I do not even have the right to bring a child in." Yao shi finally became spirited in her argument with Feng Yu Heng, refusing to back down.

Looking at the mother in front of her, Feng Yu Heng suddenly began to laugh. Although she looked very similar, Yao shi truly was not the mother that had passed away many years ago. She had taken over for the body's original owner, and the changes could not escape the eyes of her mother. Yao shi noticed long ago that something was not right; however, she endured the entire time and did not speak. Thinking about it, she had been quite tolerant of her.

"Mother." She spoke, "If you could have been this strong when facing the Feng family back then, there would have been no need for us three to have been sent to the Northwest and suffered for all these years. Now that you have some ability, you protect a child with unknown origins. Back then, why did you not act like you are now and protect me and Zi Rui?" Her words were ice-cold and did not carry a trace of emotion. "Forget it, if you want to keep him, just keep him. He can also stay with you in the county princess' manor. That is not just my manor, it is also your home." Saying this, she turned and walked to the imperial carriage. While walking, she said: "Wang Chuan, madam's body is weak. Have that child sit with us."

Yao shi saw that she finally agreed and let out a sigh of relief. She then repeatedly advised the dwarf to go with Wang Chuan. Although the dwarf did not want to, he knew that being able to remain was not easy, so he obediently followed Wang Chuan and walked over to the imperial carriage.

Yao shi watched them enter the carriage and finally had Qing Lan help her return to her own carriage. Only after the carriages began advancing once more did she blankly ask Qing Lan: "Say, could it be that she is angry with me?"