Second Young Miss, Stop Pretending

When Feng Jin Yuan had accidentally hurt Kang Yi, the matriarch was a little angry over the affection they displayed, but now she was full of joy. If Kang Yi truly became the wife of the Feng family, that would truly be too high grade!

Feng Yu Heng sat across from her, so how could she possibly not see the matriarch's thoughts. She only thought that it was no wonder Feng Jin Yuan did not have a trace of affection in his heart. From beginning to end, all he thought about his own interests. Affection was something that came from one's roots. With a mother like the matriarch, how could any good son be produced.

She thought about this while sighing lightly. This just happened to be seen by Ru Jia, who asked: "What's wrong with you now?"

Feng Yu Heng had a worried expression and said: "I was thinking that being a child of the Feng family is truly too difficult. The girls of other families only need to worry if they will be able to get married to a good husband; however, our family's daughters need to worry if we will be killed at any time or place. Princess, don't you think it's too difficult to be a daughter of the Feng family?"

Ru Jia was stunned, as she felt that Feng Yu Heng seemed to be right. She was the princess of Qian Zhou's imperial family, but she had never met with such a problem in the past. The families of government officials in Da Shun were truly complicated.

Seeing that Ru Jia began to ponder such a thing, the matriarch's expression calmed down, as she once again made herself clear: "This time, the Chen family must be pulled out by the roots! We must not allow another scourge to live on!" After saying this, she glanced at Feng Jin Yuan and reminded him: "This includes that Chen Qing. You must not excuse him!"

Feng Jin Yuan nodded, "Mother, don't worry. I definitely will not allow anyone to touch a hair on my Feng family's children."

Only then did Ru Jia relax a little, saying: "Uncle Feng is the best father. Elder madam is also the best grandmother. The Feng family is really great."

The matriarch smiled and said: "Then quickly have a servant return to the posthouse to pack your things. Just move in today!"

Ru Jia was very happy and was about to nod; however, she suddenly heard Jin Zhen, who had not said a word, say: "Eldest princess and Princess Ru Jia moving in now, perhaps it would be improper?" Seeing both the matriarch and Feng Jin Yuan glare at her, she quickly added: "This concubine does not have any other meaning. It's not that I do not welcome eldest princess, it's just that... something just happened to the Chen family, and they were already inclined to attempt murder. This concubine is worried that the Chen family will be seeking revenge. If eldest princess moves into the manor at this time, what would we do if she is put in danger?"

Hearing her say it like this, it sounded very reasonable. The matriarch's expression sank, as she began to consider whether such a thing could happen. But regardless of how she thought, she felt that the Chen family would inevitably retaliate. Precisely how many horrid things the Chen family had done in the background over the years was something she did not know, but ever since Feng Yu Heng returned to the capital, she was clear on how many attempts had been made. Thinking like this, if Kang Yi moved in, she would become a living target. With the Chen family driven into a corner, if Kang Yi and Ru Jia became hurt, it could lead to a conflict between the two countries.

The changes in the matriarch's mood were seen by Kang Yi, who immediately expressed: "If it's indeed inconvenient to move into the manor, Kang Yi will not trouble you with your hospitality; however, if you are dreading that the Chen family will hurt us, mother and daughter, elder madam is worrying too much."

"Oh?" The matriarch looked at her, a little bewildered.

Kang Yi said: "I was born as a daughter of the imperial family. From childhood, I had to raise my younger brother. Every day was lived on the edge. Not to mention assassinations, there were also fights out in the open, which were a common occurrence. A lowly Chen family is nothing more than an uncivilized bunch. How could Kang Yi even see them as worthy of notice. This bit of small inconvenience is not considered danger."