Scamming You of Your Prized Possessions

The matriarch's current appearance caused Kang Yi to feel very confused. Even the people of the Feng manor were doubtful.

A handkerchief made of moon palace silk! Even if it was just a handkerchief, it was something of extreme value, but why did the matriarch seem to be a little dissatisfied, and she even appeared to... dislike it a little?

How could they knew Feng Yu Heng had personally given her a garment made of moon palace silk earlier in the morning. How many handkerchiefs can be made from the fabric used to make a garment! Moreover, the matriarch and heard that the Emperor had awarded two bolts of moon palace silk to Princess Ru Jia. How could they be so cheap and only give a handkerchief?

Of course, the matriarch's unhappy expression was not too visible. In the blink of an eye, she quickly recovered, but the smile on her face was not as full as before, faintly saying to them: "Honored guest that has come to visit, how come you are still standing. Please sit."

Kang Yi was a bit embarrassed and sat down, the doubt in her heart increased even further.

For something like a handkerchief made of moon palace silk, not to mention the elder madam of a first rank official's family, but if she were to give it to any imperial concubine in the palace, they would immediately treat her as the guest of honor. How come moon palace silk had no effect when it came to the Feng manor? Starting from the banquet the day before, the Feng family's second young miss and third young miss acted as though they had received a normal handkerchief and did not look surprised at all. She originally believed that they were just young children that did not understand its value, but today's events with the Feng family's matriarch could only make her begin to think.

However, no matter how much she thought, she was unable to understand the reasoning, but there was someone who was happy to remind her, for example, Feng Yu Heng: "Eldest princess, please do not take offense. Everyone knows the value of moon palace silk, but it may be because A-Heng sent grandmother a garment made of moon palace silk, thus grandmother is less excited about the handkerchief."

Kang Yi was slightly stunned for a moment. A garment made of moon palace silk? How much fabric did that need? She just gave it to the elder madam?

The doubts in her heart were asked by Ru Jia: "County princess Ji An really is good at joking. Do you know the value of a garment made of moon palace silk?"

Feng Yu Heng faintly smiled and said: "Of course I know this, but regardless of the cost, in A-Heng's mind, it is not as important as showing filial piety to grandmother. As long as grandmother likes it, A-Heng is willing no matter how expensive it is."

Even for Kang Yi, she felt that she had no face here, but she still said: "Presumably county princess needed to use all of the fabric she had. Elder madam having such a good granddaughter is truly fortunate."

The matriarch repeatedly nodded, "That's true. This old one's granddaughter of the first wife is the most understanding and the most filial."

Feng Yu Heng smiled and said: "Grandmother is overstating it." She then looked at Ru Jia and seemed to chat idly with her: "I have never been to Qian Zhou. I heard that it is covered all year in ice and snow. Is it extremely cold?"

Ru Jia nodded, loudly saying: "That's right! Your Da Shun's capital is too much warmer when compared to our Qian Zhou. I heard that a weak Winter storm was already considered a disaster. Tsk tsk, I really do not dare think about it. If you went to Qian Zhou, it would be weird if you did not freeze to death."

"Ru Jia, speak politely." Kang Yi helplessly reminded her, "Girls must be dignified when they speak. Look at what sort of appearance you have!"

Feng Jin Yuan finally found a chance to inject himself into the conversation, saying: "It can't be helped. Princess Ru Jia's temperament is hearty and candid. She is very much a daughter of the Northern country."