I open my eyes and find massive fire flames licking the cave clean. Seeing the fire, the basilisk starts to retrieve back in the safety of water but it's useless. Slowly the water starts evaporating as the fire raises high, climbing the walls of the cave and liking its ceiling fervently.

I hear the basilisk whimper under the water as the water level starts to decrease as the water rises up in white clouds, evaporating. As the water level decreases further, I close my eyes and near the basilisk trying to seek refuge in the rapidly reducing water.

As the last drops of the water evaporates, the basilisk lays naked in front of me, vulnerable. With the last growl, I feel flames oozing off my body as I step before it. Calling upon the latent energy of the molecules, I imagine them vibrate rapidly. Constituting the fiction generated by rubbing while vibrating, small sparks appear that instantly grow into flames and take over the basilisk.

It cries in pain as the fire starts to consume it. First, it licks off the scales on the surface then reaches for the delicate skin under it. The fire melts away its skin into ashes and reaches for its insides.

Meanwhile, the basilisk is thrashing its body around in pain and hopes to shake the fire off its body but it's not working. Its cries of mercy are music to my ears. The fire continues to eat away the insides of the basilisk and after sometimes, I feel it stop moving.

It's dead.

I open my eyes to see the fire licking the bones of the basilisk. Slowly, the bones break into small pieces and constitute the ashes of the basilisk. The fire goes off around me as I stand and watch the basilisk reduce to nothing.

Everything is finished.

I step forward and lean by the ashes that happened to be the basilisk's head moments ago, a sense of victory washing over me.

A shadow looms over me. I turn around to find the statue standing tall behind me, looking down at me. She looks proud and her expression shows no fear. 

Suddenly, realization strikes me. I know who she is. 

She's Lua, the fierce warrior.

The slayer of dragons and Basilisks.

~

I step out of the dark caves and instantly the cool night wind welcomes me, chilling my bones. I step over the snow and instantly my eyes find him, looming in the darkness.

"Arles," I call out for him, my eyes fixed on his large figure. He turns around to face me before I feel his eyes on me, watching me from under the hood that shadows his face.

"So you're alive?" He asks coldly with an undertone of sarcasm in his voice. 

I nod.

"Where're the basilisk's eyes?" He asks stepping out of the darkness, into the moonlight. His head is tilted at a side, studying me from head to toe.

I smirk at him which seems to intrigue him. My hands reach inside the pocket of my trousers. I pull them out, my fists closed, containing the ashes. Keeping my eyes fixed on him, I put my hands before me, levitated in the air before my fists open and grey ashes fall off them, coating the snow black where they fell.

For a moment, both of us stand still and look at the ashes before he growls lowly.

"What is this?" He growls pointing to the ashes.

"The basilisk's eyes." I say sternly and my voice follows a loud growl resonating from his chest.

"How dare you!" He growls loudly. A dangerous amount of energy is oozing off his body but somehow, I don't feel affected by it. I seem to have grown used to it. He seems pissed but isn't he always? 

I simply look at him and shrug.

"You told me to bring the basilisk's eyes but you never mentioned if you wanted them raw or cooked," I say and I swear I heard the gods laugh in the high heavens.

With a thundering growl, Arles's figure disappears, leaving behind black smoke. That's when I realize that I am not wearing anything to protect me from the cold weather.

I must go back home now before mom finds me out of bed and kills me as the basilisk failed to do so. 

...

Comment and let me know what you think about this chapter :)

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOLLOW ME :)

thanks for reading and have an amazing day/night :)

Love Y'all! Muahhh

-Benita