"I don't know what you want me to say, Dem. My friends have all gone off to college in random states, Madison continues to literally be good at everything in the world, Dallas is drowning in rhinestones and Mom and Dad are weirdly going through some sort of honeymoon phase. It's kinda gross."

"And you?"

"I literally wake up, play with the dogs, eat and go to sleep."

"Have you given any more thought to college?" You sighed softly, not knowing how to answer. In all honesty, you had no intention of going to college but because you were the first family member to show no interest in going into the toxic industry that your siblings pined after, everyone had expected you to go to college.

But you hated education. You hated the overwhelming anxiety you'd have to constantly do well, to not fall behind, to understand every detail because you couldn't allow yourself to be the lowest grade in the class.

So you had come up with the excuse of having a gap year to your family, who had taken the news lightly as only the year before, you had suffered with similar issues that haunted your sister that was currently seated in front of you.

"I don't know Dems. I really don't want to get into it right now."

"That's okay." Her hand squeezed your own, that was resting on the table as she shot you a reassuring grin. Demi could read you like a book lately, you had grown up in her shadow and everyday she saw herself in your troubled eyes. "You don't have to do anything you don't want too."

"Thanks Dem."

"So, when Maddie FaceTimed me the other week, she was talking about Dallas' new boyfriend. Do you know him?"

"Nope."

"Apparently, he's from where we grew up. What are the chances of that?"

"Yeah, I guess it's kinda weird."

"Is there a... someone on the scene for you?" The sip of water that was running down your throat seemed to shoot back up, making you choke violently in shock at the unexpected question. Love lives had been off limits between the two of you when a couple of years ago, Demi had tried to give you the talk, only she was months too late and Maddie had blurted it out. You had never seen Demi so furious, so disappointed.

-

"...Tell me she's joking Y/N."

"She's joking." Shrugging your shoulder, you hadn't seen the big deal. It was your body and it was said sister who had constantly spoke to the public about how sex was fun and it wasn't a big deal if you wanted to have casual sex with whoever you liked.

"You're lying. Don't lie to me."

"You literally just said to tell you she was joking."

"I'm not in the mood for your stupid jokes, Y/N. Nor this bratty teenage attitude."

"Then mind your business. I don't need another sister that wasn't there when I was a child, to suddenly come along and call the shots about my life."

"How dare you-" Her eyes shone with hurt but you couldn't care. Lately, you hadn't felt very positive and it had only gotten worse. You were just so numb and you tried everything to feel just something again. "I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did! I'm trying to look out for you-"