Chapter 12: Strategy

• • •
Chapter 12: Strategy

__________________

Kim Namjoon

Hours later and the files on H.I.T were still being sorted out. I had given strict word that under no circumstances could Seokjin, Jimin or Taehyung read over those crucial files, because they were top secret and H.I.T would know if we had looked through them. While they were finishing up, I was adding the finalised touches to our next mission's plan with the rest of the guys.

The plan we had come up with was pretty straightforward. Prior to the mission, I have to contact a good friend of mine and weapons expert, Rami, to collect the Vietnamese weaponry that we'll need. 

Yoongi has to set up a demonstration meeting with the main CEO Yang Daekeun

Yoongi has to set up a demonstration meeting with the main CEO Yang Daekeun. Instead of meeting Seokjin and Jungkook, he'll be meeting Lanh Huỳnh and Tuan Lê - two Vietnamese weaponry ambassadors representing the company S.S.E. Once they've made their way in, they'll need to present their weapons to Daekeun and convince him to make a negotiation associated with the items we bestow. Furthermore, if he does accept a compromise, the two members will have to come to a conclusion. Tuan (Jungkook), when Daekeun least expects it, will need to stab him. In case of there being security cameras inside his office, Lanh (Seokjin) will need to help Tuan move his body down behind his desk so the room looks empty when Yoongi enables the cameras again. At a quick pace, the two men will have to leave without drawing attention and sprint for our hideout van that will be hidden a few roads away.

"Shooting is way easier than stabbing," Jungkook retaliated, even though the plan I had given him and everyone else was final. "Stab wounds are just messy."

"E.C.T can analyse bullets if they get stuck in a dead body y'know!" Jimin argued, trying to get his point across.

"Dumbasses..." Yoongi murmured, rolling his eyes and looking back at the written plan again.

"Okay, enough with the bickering." I instructed, "Now's not the time and the plan is final so cut it out!" I was getting angry, but I knew this whole situation was just stressing everyone out.

"Everyone just needs to calm the fuck down, Namjoon is right." Hoseok agreed, and with that I gave him a small nod of appreciation.

"Wow Hoseok, way to kiss ass." Jungkook answered sarcastically.

By this point I eye-rolled so hard that it felt like they were rotating in the back of my head.

"If we're gonna do this correctly we need to work as a team." I announced, "And that means no arguing about the final plan." I turned my attention to Jungkook, Jimin and Yoongi, earning only a few eyerolls.

__________________ 

Early morning came faster than expected, especially since we were planning most of the night and Rami was going to hand over the weapons around 3 or 4am to avoid looking suspicious to outsiders. We had only gotten about a couple hours of sleep, but we were no stranger to these types of resting periods.

Yearning for a strong cup of coffee, I approached the kitchen in a sleepy haze. To my surprise, a very fatigued Yoongi was already in there.

"Morning." I greeted, reaching for my mug and placing it in the coffee machine.

He turned around, rubbing his eyes. "Morning."

There was a short pause before he spoke again.

"What time is Rami coming?" He asked, sipping his already made coffee.

"In about half an hour, is anyone else awake?" I inquired, pressing the Americano button on the machine and running my hand through my dark blue hair.

"I don't think so, but they need the rest to be honest, it won't take seven people to retrieve delivered weapons." Yoongi made a valid point, taking another sip of his coffee.

"Depends what kind of weapons they are.." I noted. He shrugged in reply.

Once my coffee was ready, I removed it from the machine, holding onto it. Letting my drink cool a little bit, I looked up towards the door and saw Jimin walking in, his messy, golden brown hair pushed back.

"Morning Jimin." I addressed him.

He responded with only a nod, seeming to look more exhausted than usual.

After taking a few moments to wake up, he opened his mouth to speak.

"I need to tell you something important Namjoon." Jimin declared, leaning against the kitchen's work surface.

Yoongi crossed his arms and looked up at him.

"I'm listening." I stated.

"During the last mission, there was a woman who spoke to me while I was repairing the light fixture." Jimin began, "At first she looked like a normal assistant working for E.C.T, but it was almost like she was trying to tell me something through eye contact."

"Was she carrying anything distinctive or did she look familiar?" I questioned, straightening my body and realising how serious this could be.

"Yeah actually.." He trailed off a bit, "She was carrying a small black notebook with H.I.T's official branding colours."

"Orange and blue right?" Yoongi chimed in with a question, Jimin nodded in reply.

I was shocked for a moment, trying to process the information I had just been relayed.

"When she realised I had spotted it, she quickly flipped it over and hid it from being viewed." Jimin continued.

"That's not suspicious at all." Yoongi commented, his words filled with sarcasm.

"She's a grifter." I blurted out.

Yoongi and Jimin both shot glances at me

"A what?" 

"Grifter. They pose as different people to complete fraudulent activities." I explained.

"So like Seokjin but without the deceit." Yoongi suggested, finishing his coffee.

Drinking some more of my own coffee, I nodded. "Exactly."

"Jimin, did you manage to get her name?" He asked calmly.

"All I got is that her last name is Kim." Jimin sighed.

Helpful

"I reckon she's committing fraud towards E.C.T." I delineated, also finishing my coffee.

"Maybe."

Before we knew it, there was a knock at the door.

• • •