•PROLOGUE | FLASHFORWARD•

"Re-trace your steps, collect what you need-then start from the beginning."

-Chido

•›-‹•

Designated Location

18hrs:45mns:02sec
• • •

"You did this!" his voice shook with disbelief.

Clutching at his overgrown, unruly hair, he screamed out in agony.

"I gave you a chance in the academy, I taught you the ropes. You were...fuck! I treated you like a son. Had this been planned from the very start?" He questioned, helplessness seeped through his body, his shoulders slumped each passing minute.

"If you had taken that case seriously none of this would have happened! You arrested an innocent man and convicted him for a crime he didn't commit. I'm NOT sorry for how things turned out." He quipped, all the anger he had kept under-wraps was bubbling over like a volcano waiting to erupt.

"What are you on about?" He asked, confusion written all over his tired and drained features.

"It doesn't matter anymore. All of you that had been involved in that case had to pay. My job here is done- I hope you'll be able to live with the guilt."

Unknown to him-everything had been a setup. Heavily armed FBI personnel had surrounded the building. There was no way he'd leave without being scathed by a bullet or two.

Turning back into the building, he cocked his glock releasing an ample amount of bullets on his captive. Nothing about his assault was graceful, except for the way he had gracefully walked towards the limp body, hunched forward on it then curiously poking at the limbs as an attempt to fully acknowledge the death of his then boss.

A low maniacal laugh slipped his chapped lips- feeling overwhelmed with how things had taken a turn for the worst, he simply laughed and enjoyed his victory.

The sound of gunshots and people barricading down the warehouse steel doors clicked him out of his red thoughts.

Springing into action, he ran towards the back where there was an escape door hidden to the naked eye.
Pressing on the button he had taken out of his bullet proof vest pocket, a loud bang followed- red and black smoke swallowed the entire warehouse and the bodies in it.

The shrill cries and grunts escalated his happy mood.

The warehouse had been booby trapped with explosives. One of the men in command- his dear friend Samuel had stepped on his death bed; signing his death certificate alongside his colleagues.

Deon had taken an interest on Samuel, he had learnt a lot from his buddy, but- at the end of the day his vengeance stricken mind had clouded any and all rational thoughts he had grown to have.

All the bodies he had hidden with the help of someone he would've never gotten along with were disembodied, scattered around Gleam Canyon for the sole purpose of revenge.

They never deserved to leave the earth the way they did, but neither did his uncle deserve what he got. An eye for eye, as he'd liked to call it. He left with more than an eye though, did that leave the world crippled?

Answer was; he didn't give a shit!

A chapter in his life; one that resulted in multiple sleeping pills and pretending to be something he was not was finally about to get closed and get tossed away, just like all the chapters beforehand.