| nine |

Reece Winston

Reece Winston

The drunk guy is slammed against the floor.

My eyes widen as I witness Greed smash his fist into the guys face. The sickening sound of his nose breaking drifts into my ears and my breath catches in my throat as the blood leaves my face and I stumble backwards.

Greed is relentless.

Over and over again, he brings his fist back and slams them back into the guys face. The guy passes out as his head twists back and forth as Greed held the guy by the collar of his shirt for better access.

I couldn't take it anymore so I hesitantly rushed over to Greed because I'm afraid that he'll kill the guy. When I got close enough to see Greed I nearly peed my pants and ran away. His eyes are something I've never seen before.

There was zero emotion. I would've assumed that I'd see anger, blinding wrath and venom displayed in those brown eyes but what I saw was the complete opposite and it shook me to my core. His eyes are drained of any emotion and they're so plain and void that I began to wonder why he was even doing what he was doing right now in the first place?

And then I saw the curve of his lip and it was the most sinister...the most sadistic thing I'd ever seen. It was as if looking at this now bloodied up guy made him happy.

I'm a coward.

Fear lead me to running away instead of stopping Greed from potentially ending that guys life. I pushed past people who were dancing and grinding against each other and ignored the nasty looks I got. It was tight trying to squeeze through the crowd so I struggled but I saw the entrance coming up.

I kept thinking back to the look on Greed's face and a shudder racked through my entire body. That was the look of a psychopath though I didn't know if he had all the makings of one yet. I didn't know and I didn't want to stay around long enough to find out.

Just as I arrive outside, the door is pushed open and turning around I see Greed. My heart races as my eyes catch his knuckles that are stained heavily in blood red. Specs of the dark crimson litter his face like freckles and his shirt is a mess with the red.

I wanted to throw up.

I take steps away from him but he approaches me anyway and so I frantically hold both my arms out in gesture for him to stop walking close to me.

"D-don't," my voice is shaky as my lips quivered.

I didn't look at him as I found my eyes unable to because I didn't want to see the emptiness in his eyes again.